Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Django said:

Please take him, please?

Been great in pre-season. Excellent tonight, too.

I think he's got the potential to play a big role for us this season, given how many matches we are likely to play.

Chelsea's unbelievable rate of signing players. I just don't get it

I can just about understand that they know what they are doing with FFP, but as for the rate of signings they engaged in in January (ie bat shit) followed by much the same this summer, I just can't believe these are the decisions of lots of people all pulling in the right direction.

My prediction for this season is that they're going to have a stinker, and Poch won't last till the end.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

I can just about understand that they know what they are doing with FFP, but as for the rate of signings they engaged in in January (ie bat shit) followed by much the same this summer, I just can't believe these are the decisions of lots of people all pulling in the right direction.

My prediction for this season is that they're going to have a stinker, and Poch won't last till the end.

They sell loads of players for daft money as well. They are fine as long as they being good sellers. 

1 hour ago, brummie said:

At Spurs in yes, the same league, Poch averaged just under 1.9 points per game. That might sound good, but for context, its the same as NUFC since Jan 1 2022.

Its lower than nine Chelsea managers in the Abramovich and after era. Including ones like Rafa who they hated.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-chelsea-managers-pl-records-since-abramovich-takeover/

Poch is a good manager and it sounds like a good bloke, but yeah, he's up against it with this job.

8 hours ago, brummie said:

That is not my prediction - I rate poch in the prem very highly and had both soton and spurs punching above their weights. As much as it hurts me to say it I think they’ll be back in the top four.

7 hours ago, Stottie said:

At Spurs in yes, the same league, Poch averaged just under 1.9 points per game. That might sound good, but for context, its the same as NUFC since Jan 1 2022.

Its lower than nine Chelsea managers in the Abramovich and after era. Including ones like Rafa who they hated.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-chelsea-managers-pl-records-since-abramovich-takeover/

Poch is a good manager and it sounds like a good bloke, but yeah, he's up against it with this job.

In his first season in charge spurs finished fifth then the next three seasons they finished second and third twice. The average points per game is relative to the season their earned in.  On top of this he also took them to a champions league final.  He also took soton to eighth- their highest ever premier league finish, beating Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea that season.