Other clubs' transfers

Greg

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I hear you. I just think Moyes has already shown that he can challenge for the European spots and even for the top 4 when he has the types of players he likes to work with.

True. But you are really living and dying with Moyes with this approach. When he goes there isn’t another manager that can take that style forward. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

True. But you are really living and dying with Moyes with this approach. When he goes there isn’t another manager that can take that style forward. 

Yeah, I think they should have binned of Moyes.

But if you are going to keep him then you have to give him those types of players or it won't work at all.

Should have gone for Potter IMO. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

West Ham leadership is rudderless.  If they had proper leadership they could consider moving on from Moyes, keep Paqueta and Scamacca and try and build a more progressive term and manager. 

As it stands they are looking to pay a premium for the likes of Maguire. Who is a good player but no better than what they already have. And once Moyes goes you’re left with a squad that only an inferior PFM can manage. 

I prefer leadership like Brighton where you sign players that can play under progressive managers even if the style is different. You get higher fees when you sell as well. It’s also loads more fun as a fan. 

Looks like Paqueta is actually available if they want a DM, CM and AM. Loan with option to buy please.  

I think as long as Southgate keeps picking maguire for England his price will always be way above his true value. Like if Lascelles was playing for England he'd be a 30 million pound player. 

7 hours ago, MagMal said:

Unless I have got it wrong, was he not a free agent who turned down an offer from SA, signed back up for Fulham and then they are potentially going to get a transfer fee for him?

Oh right, had no idea, that’s bizarre.

He doesn't feel like a Moyes suggestion either. 

I get the appeal. He's played at the highest level, probably a faint whiff of Lisandro Martinez about him, but as you say he's just not that. His FIFA 98 slider for technique is pushed down even if he's got a few more inches on him. 

3 hours ago, andycap said:

I think as long as Southgate keeps picking maguire for England his price will always be way above his true value. Like if Lascelles was playing for England he'd be a 30 million pound player. 

He's decent in a back three or five, too slow to be in a standard back four.

Does anyone else really hate Fabrizio Romano, with his big dopey fucking face, his tiresome "here we go" bullshit as he taps one in from 3 yards, and his hideous use of the word "gonna" whilst talking about "player x only wants club y" and other shite about "the project"?

I know he's normally on the ball, but I fucking hate him.