Other clubs' transfers

Greg

£821m in three transfer windows :lol:

Chelsea spent the same amount that the Saudis bought us on three players, Caicedo, Fernandez and Fofana :lol:

Edited by 54

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Want to know what’s funnier? Over a 5 year period  Manchester United’s net spend is even more :lol:

Why are you comparing 10 windows to 3? :lol: We've also generated £580m more in revenue than Chelsea in that period. We spend within our means.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Glazers out though right ?

Of course. Anyone who says any different because of our transfer spend is hopefully just unaware of the situation, otherwise they are ignorant, stupid or both.

Once again, Swiss Ramble did a great analysis on it, but it might be easier just to bury your head and the sand.

EDIT: Worth noting this was a year ago, and things are worse now. The debt is near £1b now, which is why they have to sell.

Edited by Froggy

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How is he a great signing ? Vastly overpaying for an unproven player us not a great signing !! Bellingham could be classed as a great signing but he still comes with risk.

These reporters talking about £100 million like it's pocket change is vulgar, imagine what you could buy in the real world with that sort of money 

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Why are you comparing 10 windows to 3? :lol: We've also generated £580m more in revenue than Chelsea in that period. We spend within our means.

I’m talking about net spend over 5 years figures are from transfer market. I just found it interesting you lot had spent even more over that period despite them going absolutely mental. 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

How is he a great signing ? Vastly overpaying for an unproven player us not a great signing !! Bellingham could be classed as a great signing but he still comes with risk.

These reporters talking about £100 million like it's pocket change is vulgar, imagine what you could buy in the real world with that sort of money 

Zidane to Real cost £55M once upon a time... That was world class.

I think there is more to meet the eye with the £100+ transfer fees.... Liverpool paying £45M for MacAllister, then £100odd for Caicedo seems fishy. 

Brighton being able to sell for millions and millions seems odd. We sold ASM to Saudi for £25M, but Brighton can sell players hundred million plus. 

Horrible to think is Hayden, Fraser, Hendrick could be sold to release some FFP.

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

Caicedo isn't unproven. 

Froggy playing the bad owners card on here is like a middle class kid wandering onto a council estate complaining his parents won’t send him to Val de Saire on the RGS ski trip. 

We get it you don’t like the glazers but we sat and watched (and aye, some of us even stopped watching) Ashley run this club into the actual ground. 

Man Utd have spent and spent and spent. Aye they’ve pissed half of it up the wall but that’s a completely different conversation. 

‘buh buh but the debt’…piss off man you’ve won everything there is to win since the glazers took over. 13 trophies with them in charge. Cry me a fucking river.

33 minutes ago, Ben said:

An oligarch’s super yacht or a boat load of Michelle Mine’s dicey PPE.

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

Froggy playing the bad owners card on here is like a middle class kid wandering onto a council estate complaining his parents won’t send him to Val de Saire on the RGS ski trip. 

We get it you don’t like the glazers but we sat and watched (and aye, some of us even stopped watching) Ashley run this club into the actual ground. 

Man Utd have spent and spent and spent. Aye they’ve pissed half of it up the wall but that’s a completely different conversation. 

‘buh buh but the debt’…piss off man you’ve won everything there is to win since the glazers took over. 13 trophies with them in charge. Cry me a fucking river.

I'm not playing the bad owners card at all. Merely responding to comments when someone mentions the Glazers. Ashley ran your club into the ground and the Glazer's are doing the same to us. Spend or success doesn't change that. We were rich and successful before they took over. 

Debt is reaching breaking point. Old Trafford is falling apart. The bust is coming if they don't sell.

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

He certainly hasn't proven himself to be "world class". 

He may well become world class in the future. Until that time comes, he is unproven. 

If we're talking about him in terms of being world class then maybe aye, but that wasn't what was said.

He has proven to be an excellent player in the Premier League at 20/21 years of age. 

Just now, gazza ladra said:

Froggy,

Really? You don't pay in excess of £100M on an "excellent young player". How much do pay for a world class player then?

What do you define as world class? 

£100 is probably the bench mark now for young players who are already very good. 

Not saying I agree with it like. 

Bellingham and Kane make sense at 100m. Guaranteed goals and one of the best young players in the world.

Bellingham is like Joao Felix costing over 100m, golden boy etc etc. 

If Barca sold Gavi or Pedri or Bayern sold Musiala I’d expect over £100m too.

Enzo and Caicedo even with inflation is lazy and overpriced purchasing. They are good players with high potential but not the best in their positions. 

I wouldn’t swap either of them for any of our first choice midfielders. 

Caceido will be an interesting litmus test on whether it’s the players or the system that allow Brighton to shine. Mac Allister showed he could play well for Argentina but Cucarella and Caceido are relying more on their Brighton form.