Other clubs' transfers

Greg

They recently self reported some dodgy spending under Abramovich, so that was already being looked at as it is.

Liverpool crying about things is so incredibly funny though. Instead of focusing on getting their team together they are busy squabbling over players lost to Chelsea, like there is no one else out there.

I hope Liverpool don't manage to get anyone else in. That would have them in some trouble because that team looked seriously unbalanced.

6 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Looking forward to a Swiss Ramble update on the CFC lot, surely they have to sustain pretty big sales over the next few years just to break even on what they've already spent?

I think you might have nailed it on the head for me... I don't even think they are buying players for the squad now but so they can sell some of them every year to balance the books.

If only there was a a crazy new league somewhere that would take players off there hands for ridiculous amount of money! 

It would be even better if there was a secret pact where everyone agrees not to buy any of their players and make them break the rules!

36 minutes ago, Flip said:

Nah, he’s essentially retiring at 31 just like the rest that have gone there. Sad state of affairs

People should watch Saudi League matches some time. 

They would be surprised. 

10 hours ago, Sima said:

Brighton would want all of the Kane money for him. Possibly more.

Yeah, not a chance they go for that. Everyone wants him.

We’ve clearly already spent some of the Kane money, although his wages will free up a bit too. Can’t see us going too big for a replacement - there’s not really much available out there who wouldn’t want Champions League this year.

Of course, if Brighton are at all receptive you throw money at them for Ferguson. But everyone will. 

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Please let them be compliant. Liverpool and spurs are the biggest cry babies in the league. 

I feel like Liverpool are absolutely in a league of their own here, both off and on the pitch. What did we do? :lol:

Allegedly..... Complained about our takeover at every opportunity before it happened and again after, 
                      Refused to shake our executives hands publicly at a PL meeting
                      Complained about Saint Maximin transfer. I'm sure there's more. :D

Edited by alexf

On 13/08/2023 at 09:18, GeordieDazzler said:

Random question but with the absolute lack of decent strikers on the market why is Jonathan David still at Lille? Is there a reason teams are staying away? 

Teams interested might not want to pay Lille's price tag. I think his poor WC really cost the move he was after. That being said, I think he's quality still, if he has an awesome first half, he'll go somewhere in January. Juve are interested apparently.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Teams interested might not want to pay Lille's price tag. I think his poor WC really cost the move he was after. That being said, I think he's quality still, if he has an awesome first half, he'll go somewhere in January. Juve are interested apparently.

Cheers man, just seems weird with the lack of real quality striker options out there that he’s stayed put. Esp with Man U buying a 20 year old with a broken back and Chelsea signing a lad with one good season at Villarreal.

43 minutes ago, alexf said:

Allegedly..... Complained about our takeover at every opportunity before it happened and again after, 
                      Refused to shake our executives hands publicly at a PL meeting
                      Complained about Saint Maximin transfer. I'm sure there's more. :D

I think everyone complained about the first :lol:. Didn’t know about the other two. Couldn’t find them on Google. Not that they didn’t happen but would (genuinely) like to know. Would re-iterate - Liverpool are in a league of their own :lol:. Excepting maybe Everton fans, but that’s a different kind of crybaby.

Edited by leffe186