Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Caicedo at that price can never be class as a great signing. Even in this market it feels £50 million over priced.  That fee impacts their ability to strengthen elsewhere, something they need to do if they are to match their ambitions and given that their team still looks unbalanced.  Signings are only 'great' when all the pieces fall into place which with this one I don't think they do.

I would argue he's semi proven at this stage, in that he has done well, not for that long, in a team that is well coached and has a specific style of play that suits him. You can't be sure how this will translate. He's also never played in the Champions League, so at that level he is firmly unproven. 

Haaland to Man City for pennies on a release clause, then Kovacic and Gvardiol going to City for comparative peanuts just goes to show - it's the agent you know. Ruben Neves playing for Wolves in the Championship - it's the agent you know. 

I don't trust what's going on at Brighton regarding outgoing transfers -  Cucarella, MacAllister, White, Caicaedo, Bissouma, Maupay is not £300-350ish worth of footballer.

5 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Haaland to Man City for pennies on a release clause, then Kovacic and Gvardiol going to City for comparative peanuts just goes to show - it's the agent you know. Ruben Neves playing for Wolves in the Championship - it's the agent you know. 

Agree on Kovacic but Gvardiol wasn’t peanuts by any stretch.

Caicedo is better than Joelinton like. Just as physical but a cleaner tackler and a better passer. Joelinton better at carrying the ball and more of a goal threat. 

Caicedo is like Ben White and MacAllister. Just a class all round footballer.  Burn has done well for us.  Trossard again is a very good all round player.  I think Bissouma will be decent for spurs this season. It’s only Cucu who I don’t rate at all. 

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Agree on Kovacic but Gvardiol wasn’t peanuts by any stretch.

70ish million, aye not peanuts but it seemed nailed on that he was going to move to Man City all summer. 

Arguably the best young CB in the world. Gvardiol to Man City was sealed up all summer. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

70ish million, aye not peanuts but it seemed nailed on that he was going to move to Man City all summer. 

Arguably the best young CB in the world. Gvardiol to Man City was sealed up all summer. 

So? They agreed the fee for him and he was happy to sign for them. I don’t get the conspiracy theory? 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Looks like Southampton did the smart thing and upped the price :lol:

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool get on, they’ve sold off a lot of experience and leadership in one go and it might backfire. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool get on, they’ve sold off a lot of experience and leadership in one go and it might backfire. 

They lacked a genuine DM yesterday. Lavia would be a good signing. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

They lacked a genuine DM yesterday. Lavia would be a good signing. 

Absolutely, the defence was exposed over and over again. I don’t he’s a bad signing at all but coming in with a big price tag and high expectations in a team lacking leaders could lead this to all going tits up. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don't even think they upped the price.

Chelsea and Liverpool are raising the price by trying to outbid each other.

Was the same with Caicedo. Brighton wouldnt allow either to match the others bid, had to bid higher than the other clubs accepted offer.