Other clubs' transfers

Greg

23 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Seems a fair price given the market, his contract situation, West Ham not needing to sell and Man Cities wealth.

He isn’t that good though. I wouldn’t have had him in the top 15 central midfielders in the premier league last season. 

Just now, aussiemag said:

He isn’t that good though. I wouldn’t have had him in the top 15 central midfielders in the premier league last season. 

Yeah probably not but the other factors make the 75m offer low. Bear in mind they have just sold rice. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Yeah probably not but the other factors make the 75m offer low. Bear in mind they have just sold rice. 

the potential is there for him to be better in a team that suits his style. Moyes ball is not for Paqueta at all. 

He was steadily improving last season and looked pretty handy. I would expect any price for a player with a long time left on contract to be rather inflated. West Ham may have every reason to believe his second season is going to be much better than his first and don't want to lose out on the added value that would bring.

West Ham will regret it big time if they don't agree a deal with Man City.

If Paqueta stays his value will only continue to plummet under Moyes as he doesn't fit.

Pep has apparently always liked him from his Brazil days, which is where the interest is really coming from, not because of anything he's done at West Ham.

Edited by KaKa

I really, really don't understand Chelsea's approach these days. Their most experienced players are Silva who's ancient and hasn't really been there for very long and Reece James who's permacrocked and really not that experienced either. The player turnover is absolutely insane and even the manager is new. On top of that they're throwing away homegrown players like Hall, Tomori, Guehi, Livramento, Abraham, Gilmour et al who surely can be legacy players for years to come. Been a detestable club for 20 years now but never more than now. Thanks for Hall though.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Paqueta to City off as it stands.

He’ll go next year imo. His clause for £85m only kicks in then, supposedly, and they’ll just wrap it up quickly I reckon. They haven’t the need to splash that money this summer, and I guess West Ham are asking for even more than the £85m.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

He’ll go next year imo. His clause for £85m only kicks in then, supposedly, and they’ll just wrap it up quickly I reckon. They haven’t the need to splash that money this summer, and I guess West Ham are asking for even more than the £85m.

Not to sure about that, they are 3 first team midfielders down as it stands 

58 minutes ago, KaKa said:

West Ham will regret it big time if they don't agree a deal with Man City.

If Paqueta stays his value will only continue to plummet under Moyes as he doesn't fit.

Pep has apparently always liked him from his Brazil days, which is where the interest is really coming from, not because of anything he's done at West Ham.

What are you on about? :lol:  If it had nothing to do with what he’s done with West Han he could’ve bought him earlier for far cheaper :lol: One thing to suggest that his original interest stems from his time in Brazil, but clearly he would want him now because he’s shown he can adapt to the league?

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not to sure about that, they are 3 first team midfielders down as it stands 

Kovacic for Gundogan. Who else left? 

edit- Mahrez? Can’t see Paqueta being a replacement for him? 

Edited by Manxst