Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Manxst said:

Forgot De Bruyne. Maybe then, but can’t see them paying what West Ham are asking this year for some reason. He wouldn’t be a Mahrez replacement imo.

As it stands tho, Man City are weaker today than the same time last year.

TBF....still the best club side in the world 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

As it stands tho, Man City are weaker today than the same time last year.

TBF....still the best club side in the world 

Wouldn’t say they’re weaker. Just got De Bruyne injured- it happens. Plus although he’s still world class, he didn’t play every game last year and wouldn’t have made every game before this long term injury either. They’ve brought in Gvardiol and lost Mahrez. Kovacic is like for like to Gundogan. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Wouldn’t say they’re weaker. Just got De Bruyne injured- it happens. Plus although he’s still world class, he didn’t play every game last year and wouldn’t have made every game before this long term injury either. They’ve brought in Gvardiol and lost Mahrez. Kovacic is like for like to Gundogan. 

Mahrez is a proven game changer, class player, IMO Gundogan is a class above Kovacic

1 hour ago, Flip said:

What are you on about? :lol:  If it had nothing to do with what he’s done with West Han he could’ve bought him earlier for far cheaper :lol: One thing to suggest that his original interest stems from his time in Brazil, but clearly he would want him now because he’s shown he can adapt to the league?

He didn't need him earlier. Gundogan was still there.

My point is that he knows the player from previously where he has looked a much better player and is more likely to be that guy for Man City. 

Thought he was very ordinary for West Ham due to Moyes style of play.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Paqueta will have a better season this time around. Aye he’s not best suited to Moyes ball but he will show more like he did towards the end of last season.  

You mean even if he stays at West Ham? Let's see.

I think the longer he stays there the less likely they ever get anything near what Man City are offering this summer. 

6 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Klopp couldn't sound any less enthusiastic about this signing. :lol: 

Hes gone full Mourinho

Likeable cheeky scamp loved by his players

To a full blown arsehole talking to everyone like shite

I think he's done there, like. He won't win anything else in England.

Thinks he knows it all as well, which goes some way to accounting for why he has no plan b when shit hits the fan.

Whining cunt.

I think he’s a very good manager but a total twat. He’s at his best as a manager when he’s upbeat and happy, at his worst when he’s angry. Someone like Fergie was still amazing when he was angry but when Klopp gets angry it obviously has a bit of a poisonous impact. Can’t wait for him to fuck off 

He'll jump before pushed - like Dortmund. If he tanks Liverpool, and is like 12th at the start of December - he'll walk away like he did at Dortmund. 

Used to really like Klopp, and enjoyed watching Liverpool play - but he's turned into a horrid weasel, and Liverpool aren't exceptional anymore.

What's most satisfying is all the gloating from Liverpool fans when they were supposedly going to have a midfield consisting of those two French lads & Szobo who they'd nicked from under our noses (obvious now we never had any interest at the price paid). Then again when they all thought Caicedo was done.

:lol: 

Also testament to how good the Tonali business was. Guarantee there's a host of clubs lining up to snap him up at the price we paid if he was still at Milan and available now.

4 hours ago, sixx said:

I really, really don't understand Chelsea's approach these days. Their most experienced players are Silva who's ancient and hasn't really been there for very long and Reece James who's permacrocked and really not that experienced either. The player turnover is absolutely insane and even the manager is new. On top of that they're throwing away homegrown players like Hall, Tomori, Guehi, Livramento, Abraham, Gilmour et al who surely can be legacy players for years to come. Been a detestable club for 20 years now but never more than now. Thanks for Hall though.

I didn't know Gilmour was ex-Chelsea. I do know that that throughball he hit to Undav for the goal at SJP was a peach. One of the best against us all season.

If our owners are going to be friends with owners of any Top 6 side, Chelsea has to be the one. A conveyor belt of talent sent out onto the market.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2023/08/18/former-toon-target-investigated-for-betting-breaches-as-70m-move-collapses-report/

£70m move collapses as former Toon target is investigated by FA for betting breaches – Report

EXCL: West Ham star Lucas Paqueta is being investigated by the FA for potential betting breaches, as his £70m transfer to Man City collapses, three months after Ivan Toney was handed a ban

Edited by prefabtoon

On 14/08/2023 at 08:19, Hot Since 1882 said:

Haaland to Man City for pennies on a release clause, then Kovacic and Gvardiol going to City for comparative peanuts just goes to show - it's the agent you know. Ruben Neves playing for Wolves in the Championship - it's the agent you know. 

I don't trust what's going on at Brighton regarding outgoing transfers -  Cucarella, MacAllister, White, Caicaedo, Bissouma, Maupay is not £300-350ish worth of footballer.

6 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Alexis MacAllister for £45M to Liverpool - everything smells off with this deal to me..

Liverpool had it closed shut, quick! Even West Ham would buy at that price.

Don’t know why you seem to be obsessed with transfer conspiracies? Clubs pay what they think players are worth- sometimes they get them for even less via clauses. Other teams don’t sign them for a variety of reasons- they don’t want/need them, can’t afford them, the player doesn’t want to move there. There are no big ‘behind the scenes’ deals being made in secret.