Other clubs' transfers

Greg

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fuck’s sake lads

[emoji38] ok i'm done - no more ribbing Kaka. He doesn't find it funny.

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

You cannae beat a bit of ‘my life is better than yours’ :lol:

[emoji38]

Sorry for the handbags. I'm high off caffeine and haven't had a workout yet. Between projects at work so have extra time to kill.

33 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You rate nearly all the gazillion Nigerian lads in professional football. That's perfectly fine, it's even cute. Go Naija. But it's also funny and grounds for a little ribbing. Take it easy mate.

I take all personal jibes on here in my stride and rarely retaliate in large part because - my life is enjoyable and fulfilling. I don't take any of this personally and neither should you. That's why I'm not brittle and don't resort to personal jibes. I post on here for fun. I'm having fun, seeing you rate all the Nigerian lads is fun-ny. When the fun stops, stop. Or do the work that earns you money. Spend time with your family or give a friend a call. 

:lol:

Hey, you're the one that started talking about personal lives being fulfilling for some strange reason.

From my experience people who are fulfilled don't tend to go around telling folks how fulfilled they are.

It would be nice if you actually had an opinion about some of these players I spoke about, instead of worrying about whether or not they're Nigerian, literally, every single time. Then the discussion might actually be interesting.

Everyone overvalues their own players, but have a couple of Everton mates who have been raving over Branthwaite all season.

In fairness they were right about Gordon, who they rated when I wrongly didn't (they did also agree that he's come on in leaps and bounds with us), so I kind of trust their judgement.

Future England regular they reckon and £45m for Branthwaite still seems derisory for a 22 year old with years yet to reach his peak. I'd have loved for us to swoop in there and gazzump the low-ballers just for a laugh, but I guess with the Kelly transfer it's not a priority position for us.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Abacus said:

Future England regular they reckon and £45m for Branthwaite still seems derisory for a 22 year old with years yet to reach his peak

It's £45m+5m in add ons. It's what you paid for Gordon a year ago when he was still 21 and IMO more established than what Branthwaite is now. 

People trying to act like it's a derisory offer need their heads checked, and they wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't us that was putting in the bid.

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

It's £45m+5m in add ons. It's what you paid for Gordon a year ago when he was still 21 and IMO more established than what Brainthwaite is now. 

People trying to act like it's a derisory offer need their heads checked, and they wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't us that was putting in the bid.

It’s derisory to Everton as they’ve told you their evaluation and it’s no where near it 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s derisory to Everton as they’ve told you their evaluation and it’s no where near it 

Didn't Everton want 60m for Gordon too?  I guess they are in a stronger PSR position than they were then

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

It's called negotiating. The same thing happened with Gordon. 

1 minute ago, simonsays said:

Didn't Everton want 60m for Gordon too?  I guess they are in a stronger PSR position than they were then

Correct. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Correct. 

I’m sure they wanted £60m in the summer and were prepared to take less in the January because of PSR reasons. Newcastle took advantage of that. That’s still only £15m of a difference over two windows. Man United are near double that difference over 2 weeks :lol:

this is what? Man Utd’s 3rd bid and are still £25m-£30m short. If Mike Ashley was bidding £45m for an £80m priced player you can absolutely bet everyone in here would be calling it derisory and “we tried” 

Edited by gdm

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

Everyone overvalues their own players, but have a couple of Everton mates who have been raving over Branthwaite all season.

In fairness they were right about Gordon, who they rated when I wrongly didn't (they did also agree that he's come on in leaps and bounds with us), so I kind of trust their judgement.

Future England regular they reckon and £45m for Branthwaite still seems derisory for a 22 year old with years yet to reach his peak. I'd have loved for us to swoop in there and gazzump the low-ballers just for a laugh, but I guess with the Kelly transfer it's not a priority position for us.

Branthwaite was pure crap at PSV the year before joining Everton. I wonder what that says about the strength of either division :coolsmiley:

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

That is a good offer for Branthwaite, he isn’t a £60 million footballer and it is debatable if he has to potential to become one either.

Thats irrelevant tho. Everton don’t want to or need to sell him. They hold the cards. 

13 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

That is a good offer for Branthwaite, he isn’t a £60 million footballer and it is debatable if he has to potential to become one either.

I disagree. Personally think he's got potential to be one of the best defenders going

38 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Correct. 

If you pay less than £60 million with add ons minimum for Branthwaite, I'll be very surprised.

You seem miles off still.

Good at least the chronicle can stop writing articles about us being ‘urged to sign Man City striker’

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yoro is such a Real Madrid signing.

With other super clubs like Barca, Bayern, Man U etc not pulling their weight recently, they're getting free rein on all the top talent 

Crazy if they end up getting Mbappe (singing on fee aside) Aphonso Davies and Yoro on frees, happy to wait out their contracts for them