Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KaKa said:

And just so you know, your life is definitely not more fulfilling or enjoyable than mine. I can smell it all over you.

You sir, are misery personified.

He's thrown a kettle over a pub, mate. What have you ever done?

Edited by Monkey Alan

33 minutes ago, janpawel said:

With other super clubs like Barca, Bayern, Man U etc not pulling their weight recently, they're getting free rein on all the top talent 

Crazy if they end up getting Mbappe (singing on fee aside) Aphonso Davies and Yoro on frees, happy to wait out their contracts for them 

Snapped Camavinga for £35m odd - 1 year left. Courtois, Alaba, Rudiger all "free".

6 minutes ago, Monkey Alan said:

He's thrown a kettle over a pub, mate. What have you ever done?

Absolutely nothing!

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Thats irrelevant tho. Everton don’t want to or need to sell him. They hold the cards. 

It isn’t irrelevant, you put an offer up to the point that you are prepared to pay, if Everton refuse to accept that then you walk away.

What they are doing with the bidding is turning the players head, which applies pressure behind the scenes.

Not many clubs just walk away once quoted an inflated fee, especially if they have had the nod from the player.

6 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It isn’t irrelevant, you put an offer up to the point that you are prepared to pay, if Everton refuse to accept that then you walk away.

What they are doing with the bidding is turning the players head, which applies pressure behind the scenes.

Not many clubs just walk away once quoted an inflated fee, especially if they have had the nod from the player.

I reiterate if Mike Ashley had put those bids in while he was here we all know the responses that would get on here. Everton have told them their valuation and they’ve had 3 bids absolutely none of them even come close. 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That's Man U's approach. Bid low, unsettle the other players staff, try to get him on the cheap because his head has been turned.

Don't think it will work with Branthwaite.

Ams then end up overspending on him anyway 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

I reiterate if Mike Ashley had put those bids in while he was here we all know the responses that would get on here. Everton have told them their valuation and they’ve had 3 bids absolutely none of them even come close. 

There is a difference between the starting point of Man Utd and Mike Ashley though, one is the biggest spenders in Europe over the last decade and the other had the no ambition whatsoever.

How much was our first bid for Livramento reported to be? Less than half what we paid wasn’t it?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

There is a difference between the starting point of Man Utd and Mike Ashley though, one is the biggest spenders in Europe over the last decade and the other had the no ambition whatsoever.

How much was our first bid for Livramento reported to be? Less than half what we paid wasn’t it?

Yes and we negotiated and got a deal. Reports are this is Man Utd’s 3rd & final deal and they are still almost £30m short.

personally I do think Branthwaite is a really good player & one of Everton’s best players last season. IMO their 3rd offer is derisory never mind their 1st but it’s a matter of opinions. Everton’s opinion probably the one that matters most is that the offer is derisory you can disagree that’s ok

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Man U chased DeLigt all summer one year and didn’t get the deal done. 

We didn’t get Tino at a discount. We ended up just wasting time.  We did similar with Barnes, I guess we thought we would get discount priced because of relegation but that didn’t materialise. 

Interestingly PSV passed up the chance to sign him for 10m euros a year earlier and some fan comments I read this afternoon were that about half of that was probably right. Haven’t watched enough Everton, but could be a massive flash in the pan season for him. Perhaps Everton should sell now his stock is seemingly so high.

15 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Interestingly PSV passed up the chance to sign him for 10m euros a year earlier and some fan comments I read this afternoon were that about half of that was probably right. Haven’t watched enough Everton, but could be a massive flash in the pan season for him. Perhaps Everton should sell now his stock is seemingly so high.

He'd only just turned 20 when he joined PSV, and as a defender you tend to mature a few years later. Not sure about PSV's finances, but you can understand why most European clubs would find most PL asking prices for their own players to be absurd. Because they ARE absurd.

He's still only 22 now, has shown he can more than cut it in the PL, and then also attracts both the PL and English player tax.

If he carries on developing at that rate, he could be a starting central defender for the right club for a decade. But, as you say, it could just be a flash in the pan season.

That's not what the couple of people who watch him quite regularly at Everton say to me, with the caveat, as always, that's just two people, opinions are subjective and that you only have to look at this or any other forum to see fans of their own club overrating their own players.

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Man U chased DeLigt all summer one year and didn’t get the deal done. 

We didn’t get Tino at a discount. We ended up just wasting time.  We did similar with Barnes, I guess we thought we would get discount priced because of relegation but that didn’t materialise. 

De Jong? 

Braithwaite is just a hyped defender, because he’s on the young side and playing regularly in prem. Like, people are hoping they get an increase in ability in years to come, when in reality, he’s no better than many others (also helps loads playing in a side that defends deep with little of the ball). 

I rate Harwood-Bellis better, but because he’s played in championship for 2 seasons, he doesn’t come with same hype at the moment. 

Be plenty more CBs that come through over next 24 months, so not like Braithwaite is a must buy unique talent.

£27m for Greenwood and a 40% sell on clause. 

Think that's as good as we could have gotten for him, as he'll certainly go for a large sum in the future. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Think that's as good as we could have gotten for him, as he'll certainly go for a large sum in the future. 

The filthiest money imaginable.

10 minutes ago, simonsays said:

The filthiest money imaginable.

I know you're not posting this with a straight face when your club is funded by Saudi Arabia. 

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I know you're not posting this with a straight face when your club is funded by Saudi Arabia. 

Wasn't expecting a nibble from you!