Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Scared Super Troopers GIF by Searchlight Pictures

No fear here...just amusing to watch Man U resorting to Ashley tactics. Schadenfreude more than anything.

British billionaires are the tightest ducks going. As its been said....you don't get rich by writing a lot of cheques

Edited by gjohnson

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No fear here...just amusing to watch Man U resorting to Ashley tactics. Schadenfreude more than anything.

British billionaires are the tightest ducks going. As its been said....you don't get rich by writing a lot of cheques

You can try and act like bidding £50m for someone with one season under their belt is Ashley tactics if you want. Knock yourself out. :lol: 

Edited by Froggy

Just now, Froggy said:

You can try and act like bidding £50m for someone with one season under their belt is Ashley tactics if you want. Knock yourself out. :lol: 

Well when their asking for 70, bidding 50 is a carbon copy of Ashley making a bid and saying 'we tried'. Welcome to the world of British billionaires...its going to be a disappointing ride

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Well when their asking for 70, bidding 50 is a carbon copy of Ashley making a bid and saying 'we tried'. Welcome to the world of British billionaires...its going to be a disappointing ride

I'm glad you're not a negotiator for anything important. :lol:

Ratcliffe investing £234m towards debt and infrastructure, revamping the training ground, hiring Berrada/Ashworth/Wilcox/Vivell etc. and working on deals for Ugarte/Branthwaite/Zirkzee/De Ligt simultaneously is anything but disappointing like. :lol: Again, knock yourself out. 

Offering the exact amount a selling club is asking for isn't exactly the way you'd want your own club to handle transfers either though, is it? :lol:

They started at 40+5 (?) and have upped it to 45+5(?). If Man Utd are intent on getting him, I imagine they'll get him in the end for 55/60.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Offering the exact amount a selling club is asking for isn't exactly the way you'd want your own club to handle transfers either though, is it? :lol:

They started at 40+5 (?) and have upped it to 45+5(?). If Man Utd are intent on getting him, I imagine they'll get him in the end for 55/60.

That's exactly the way we used to do business. :lol: And we were laughed at for it as well.

If this was Woodward, it would be like:

Woodward: Here's £30m for Branthwaite

Everton: We want £70m

Woodward: £75m is our final offer

Everton: Yeah OK then.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

And you defended that at the time as well if anyone else criticised it. :lol:

Funny that 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Ratcliffe investing £234m towards debt and infrastructure, revamping the training ground, hiring Berrada/Ashworth/Wilcox/Vivell etc. and working on deals for Ugarte/Branthwaite/Zirkzee/De Ligt simultaneously is anything but disappointing like. :lol: Again, knock yourself out. 

And has very publicly shown himself to be a whiny little bitch whenever he's had to pay more than a penny that he thinks someone is worth.

Penny pinching everywhere on staff that cost coppers compared to first team.

As before...he's not a billionaire by spending money

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Let's give him some time and see how things go. Regarding your transfer business.

Just now, tarie4 said:

Let's give him some time and see how things go. Regarding your transfer business.

No I think we should write him off now because he doesn't want to instantly spend £70m on a one season centre back. :lol:

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think a better question is why would anyone perceive it as being mad?

You know what I was saying. :) Lot of energy spent railing against a transfer negotiation (not involving us!) that doesn’t seem all that preposterous, is all.

Edited by Deuce