Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Arsenal's biggest sale is 35m?

Same! Without cheating by using Mr Google - only ones I can think of is either Overmars or Anelka?! I can't recall any big other sales (obvs Willock £25m!)?!

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

Same! Without cheating by using Mr Google - only ones I can think of is either Overmars or Anelka?! I can't recall any big other sales (obvs Willock £25m!)?!

What was Van Persie? Was quite low I think because of his contract situation. Also they’ve flogged a few to City - Adebayor, Clichy etc - presume they were pre the era where City were throwing £40m+ about 

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

What was Van Persie? Was quite low I think because of his contract situation. Also they’ve flogged a few to City - Adebayor, Clichy etc - presume they were pre the era where City were throwing £40m+ about 

I've just cheated - shocked ha ha!

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's funny how we don't bat an eyelid these days at a team like Fulham just dropping £35mil on a player

On someone with a genuinely terrible injury record, too. 35 mill just seems like the new 6 or 7.

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

This sort of thing stopped making real sense a long time ago because fees have gone absolutely mad with inflation. It felt relevant to us for ages because Owen remained our record signing for about 15 years and that perfectly summed-up Ashley's approach. But these lists lost any real meaning after the PL broadcast deal took around a 70% increase in the mid-teens. 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Welcome to the world of PSR

The money men at sky can't be happy with what's going on.. transfer window is their biggest viewing figures I would expect.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

On someone with a genuinely terrible injury record, too. 35 mill just seems like the new 6 or 7.

Yeah, feels like this opportunity has presented itself to Fulham based on the fact that he's potentially perma-crocked. If I was a Fulham fan I'd be a little nervous about this one.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

The money men at sky can't be happy with what's going on.. transfer window is their biggest viewing figures I would expect.

Yep, said it before, this will be the ultimate downfall of PSR etc I reckon. It'll be fuck all to do with anything other than the PL's greed, when they realise Sky are getting twitchy.