Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Brighton starting to pay some big fees for players, a lot more rides on these than some of the under the radar ones they were making and spinning a profit from. It’ll be interesting to see how many are a hit because there’s certainly more pressure on them now.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t have touched Summerville or Rutter they need to both be massively more consistent. That Leeds team they were in should’ve walked the league last year on paper. Their performance in the play-off final was awful.

CM is what I feel they badly need too. KDB is aging, Foden may be needed outwide or even up top at times, then it’s 2 youngsters, or two average guys Nunes/Kovacic. Don’t have that top impactful CM. 

Giving they’ve targeted Rice, Pacqueta and Bellingham last season, and ended up with Nunes, seems they were set on a 6ft+ CM that could travel with the ball beyond players. Maybe target similar or go elsewhere. Ederson would be ideal for them IMO if staying on that theme. Think they still sign a wide player too who can play up front. Could be a named player, or someone random, like when they signed Gomez.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Their fans seem convinced they will go for a CM as they have Silva, Doku, Grealish, Savinho who can cover out wide.

Add Foden too

Centrally they have Rodri, Nunes, Kovacic, R Lewis, Stomes, KDB, Akanji

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

They paid about 35m for him. Leeds fans are furious the clause was only ~5m more than they paid. 

So Leeds have some funds to play with. Do they want another goalkeeper off us? How about a right winger with PL experience?

Assuming Brighton are funding this with the Gilmour sale. Big gamble signing someone who was as poor as he was last time he was in the league, however he was an absolute assist machine last season in the Championship. I like these types of signings.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

So Leeds have some funds to play with. Do they want another goalkeeper off us? How about a right winger with PL experience?

Assuming Brighton are funding this with the Gilmour sale. Big gamble signing someone who was as poor as he was last time he was in the league, however he was an absolute assist machine last season in the Championship. I like these types of signings.

Including him Leeds have brought in about £130m this summer, only spent about £15m so far