Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

So Leeds have some funds to play with. Do they want another goalkeeper off us? How about a right winger with PL experience?

Assuming Brighton are funding this with the Gilmour sale. Big gamble signing someone who was as poor as he was last time he was in the league, however he was an absolute assist machine last season in the Championship. I like these types of signings.

They're not getting much for Gilmour though are they?

Rutter was Leeds' best player last season, can't even remember him playing in the PL though.

I don't fully know the new rules but are West Ham and Brighton's spending this year due to a change in rules going forward? Maxing out their spending capabilities from selling Rice/Caicedo now whilst we are doing the three year cycle because they are changing it to a one year costs as a percentage of revenue test. Or have I made that up?

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'm pretty sure they can't ban you from selling players.

They’d be totally fucked. They’d have an enormous squad that they had to sell and people could just lowball the fuck out of them. Honestly, if they are going to get a transfer ban they should also just be sent to League 2. Just finish them off properly instead of letting them take the piss for decades and worn their way out of stuff 

53 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Potential spending from Brighton this summer:

It's often said that we focus too much on PL experience, but almost £200m spent with only a single PL season (and not the best one) amongst that (I think?), that's a huge gamble. I know Brighton have done this well in the past, but if Chelsea aren't spunking inordinate cash on their players in future windows, they may struggle to replicate. In the course of last season Mitoma and Ferguson's value will have dropped, PSR has become more prevalent and there's a fair amount of belt tightening happening. It may go great, but I think it could just as easily blow up and a team featuring a bunch of young PL newbies gets bullied.

27 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Well he hasn't coached it out of Doku who is always trying to beat the defenders on him. Grealish doesn't even try anymore just passes it back to the fullback

And you don't think that's the coaches instructions?