Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Toney will end up in Saudi.

Think he's trying to maximise his earnings and fully capitalise on his current status, as he's mostly played at clubs that haven't allowed him to earn as much as other players of similar calibre, and he is now in his late 20s.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

Toney will end up in Saudi.

Think he's trying to maximise his earnings and fully capitalise on his current status, as he's mostly played at clubs that haven't allowed him to earn as much, and he is now in his late 20s.

I'm not sure if any of the Newcastle cast offs have had the opportunity to move to Saudi but personally I'd jump at the chance.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's because of the salary he's been after.

Also noone wants to get into a bidding war for someone who will be free nexr summer. Wouldn't be shocked if bunch try in january for really cheap

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm not sure if any of the Newcastle cast offs have had the opportunity to move to Saudi but personally I'd jump at the chance.

I get it from Tony's point of view really.

If he had already made a big move at a younger age, and been earning higher at clubs that paid more, he likely doesn't consider it.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Also noone wants to get into a bidding war for someone who will be free nexr summer. Wouldn't be shocked if bunch try in january for really cheap

Yeah, his only chance to get the kind of money he wants in Europe, is to move on a free next summer, so he may well just wait for that.

Unless Saudi pay him something obscene, which he'll likely take too.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I get it from Tony's point of view really.

If he had already made a big move at a younger age, and been earning higher at clubs that paid more, he likely doesn't consider it.

I can see this, what really annoyed me over him was him openly talking about wanting to move on to other clubs while still playing for brentford last season, especially after they stood with him over the betting thing. Now I get everyone knows the deal, brentford are a club that want to make profit but still felt insulting to his current club

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just the £200m spent if they got him 

Brexit Jim aka Mike Ashley II penny pinching again.

We can't buy a defensive midfielder unless we sell though, and Ugarte is the first choice buy. I still think we'll do a loan with obligation if we can't afford him outright. It would be a brilliant window if we got him in.

I can see this, what really annoyed me over him was him openly talking about wanting to move on to other clubs while still playing for brentford last season, especially after they stood with him over the betting thing. Now I get everyone knows the deal, brentford are a club that want to make profit but still felt insulting to his current club

They didn't seem that bothered by it. He's likely already let them know his intentions.

I dont imagine the club are bothered, it's more the fans, 

Yeah, maybe.

He's been great for them though and played a big part in establishing them in the Premier League. So altogether a positive for them.

They'll be perfectly fine going forward.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, maybe.

He's been great for them though and played a big part in establishing them in the Premier League. So altogether a positive for them.

They'll be perfectly fine going forward.

Sort of true but I sense Brentford are in a bit of a decline. Had them going down this season, could well be way way wrong with that but people forget how rubbish they were for large parts of last season. They lose Toney and their replacement out for most the year can see them doing a Leicester and go down with a squad that looks way too good to. 

9 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Sort of true but I sense Brentford are in a bit of a decline. Had them going down this season, could well be way way wrong with that but people forget how rubbish they were for large parts of last season. They lose Toney and their replacement out for most the year can see them doing a Leicester and go down with a squad that looks way too good to. 

I'd be really surprised if they struggle to that extent.