Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

A good chance Chelsea pull comfortably away from us if they get Toney and he stays fit.

Well that's unavoidable while they can spend money seemingly like the rules don't count, and with those so called rules completely biased towards the scummy six.  Makes what Eddie has done more admirable, as it's as far from a level playing field as you can get.

Until the rules change, or we sell a player or two for a £100m plus, we're going to held back from challenging the scumbags, and with the new disgraceful League Cup rules, everything is still be set up for the rats to get more and more money. We're actually doing rather well considering the way the deck is stacked against us, along with Villa as well who are trying to bridge that massive, deliberately made chasm. 

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Slim said:

I get how they have better commercial incoming but how fuck they spending all this cash under PSR.

They sell loads of pure profit academy players like Lewis hall, Tino and Guehi. 

Our academy needs massive investment and time for us to catch them. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They sell loads of pure profit academy players like Lewis hall, Tino and Guehi. 

Our academy needs massive investment and time for us to catch them. 

They also sell hotels and teams under their umbrella 

20 minutes ago, Slim said:

I get how they have better commercial incoming but how fuck they spending all this cash under PSR.

Feels like they're not even close to the limit with the way that they are spending without any second thought. They just had to sell a hotel to themselves to comply, and yet they go on to spend £150m net again. And by the way, I thought that they had changed the rules on the long contracts. How can they still spend so much with the apparent new rules?

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He did, but as it stands I think that be harder than ever to do. I don’t think there should be huge expectations of Europe as it stands.

I understand what you are saying, but this club wont be in a good place if we dont get it.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He did, but as it stands I think that be harder than ever to do. I don’t think there should be huge expectations of Europe as it stands.

The consensus here when we lost out on ECL was that it was actually good thing, because we would surely push for top 4 this season without Europe. Some even went as far as saying that we would be challenging for the title.:lol:

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

I understand what you are saying, but this club wont be in a good place if we dont get it.

Yeah I’m not saying we won’t get it, we are certainly capable. But I still maintain everyone around us have strengthened quite significantly. We haven’t, and standing still in this league is as good as going backwards. (Still time of course for that too change).

35 minutes ago, Slim said:

Was gonna say. Has anyone actually done the maths? Surely this isn’t adding up, sales notwithstanding.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Personally don't feel that many teams have significantly strengthened.

Out of teams you would expect us to compete with for Europe ? I’d say Man Utd, Chelsea (question marks over their manager), Spurs, Brighton and West Ham have. I’m not overly impressed with what Villa have done, but Emery is a top tier manager imo and they will be challenging again.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Interesting example to choose mind :lol: Wonder if there were any other bits they didn't include in these highlights. 

Whoever made that video needs to hold their head in shame. “Here man, take a look at these sideways passes under barely any pressure, have you ever seen the like, sign him up! Throw the whole budget at him”

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Whoever made that video needs to hold their head in shame. “Here man, take a look at these sideways passes under barely any pressure, have you ever seen the like, sign him up! Throw the whole budget at him”

That video is a joke :lol:

Good player though.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Interesting example to choose mind :lol: Wonder if there were any other bits they didn't include in these highlights. 

If it wasn't for these brilliant passes, they would've lost 7-1!