Other clubs' transfers

Greg

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I get what you’re saying. I consider them part of the same thing. Overall ball manipulation, mainly used to evade opposition. ‘Quick feet’. Close control is close to dribbling to me - that’s what David Silva, Modric etc. have. Bruno has it. If Rooney or Kane required a 3 touch finish (first touch, 2nd close control, 3rd half chance finish) I’d back Kane to pull it off more often.  

But I get your point Rooney has that tekky guile and ability. Kane is that bit more rigid, robotic (and efficient).  

RVP or Rooney?  All the points above, RVP was better.  

RVP purely for his volleying ability. I’m being a bit harsh on Rooney as he was an exceptional player and I’d take Rooney as a 20 year old over any version of RVP but over a career, I just loved RVP’s ability to strike a ball 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was thinking this the other day, imagine if we could get him 😂

He's so good and really productive when he plays.

Have noticed Pep not being happy with him at times. Think perhaps tactically he doesn't always follow Peps instructions to a tee.

Going to be interesting to see how his situation develops over this season.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

RVP purely for his volleying ability. I’m being a bit harsh on Rooney as he was an exceptional player and I’d take Rooney as a 20 year old over any version of RVP but over a career, I just loved RVP’s ability to strike a ball 

I hear it. Was also the best player to watch of the 3 imo. 

No version of Rooney was as complete, productive and exciting as prime RVP. 

Best I’d go Kane > Rooney > RVP

For the joy of the game RVP > Rooney > Kane

Edited by The College Dropout

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm beginning to think Foden needs to get out of Man City. Don't think Pep trusts him.

Thought with Gundogan and Mahrez leaving he would be put into the first team, but it's not looking like that will be the case.

Seems such a waste as I think he starts for anyone else in the league 

Because of FFP (and FSG being tight) only Chelsea is a viable option. 

City would sell him. For £110m.  

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Rooney was a great volleyer of the ball too, especially against us

He was but it’s one of those difficult things to define. A bit like Federer on a court compared with Sampras. RVP’s volleying technique is maybe my favourite ever 

5 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Spurs fucked if he goes. No chance of them snaring a player anywhere near Kane. 

I think it’s hard to say, they’re in a transitional phase even if Kane had stayed.

Could be that it ends up OK if they stick to their plan and use the money wisely. 

Are Brighton breaking their model a bit signing someone nurtured elsewhere without the profit margin available? I would be a bit surprised with him getting time last season and mahrez gone so they are down a wide man

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'm not getting that link at all like. Paqueta is nowhere near good enough for what Man City need, unless he's just going to warm the bench. Good player, sure. Elite... no way.

He is very good. If not elite now then he absolutely will become at city under Pep. 99% certain. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'm not getting that link at all like. Paqueta is nowhere near good enough for what Man City need, unless he's just going to warm the bench. Good player, sure. Elite... no way.

I do find it strange, similar to Kovacic in a way. Although both are good players. 

Maybe they have some targets in mind for next year or the year after, and they’re filling some gaps until then. Dunno. 

Saying that, they have bought PL experience before with the likes of Ake and Stones and it worked out well.