Other clubs' transfers

Greg

23 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’d just eat an egg cress sarnie from my local off license. A lot cheaper. 

Not being funny but I reckon I could do that, hoy in cheese savoury and it’s a done deal.

12 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Just gan chew on an ants nest or something.

You a mackem? That’s reservations only food over there.

Edited by Gawalls

26 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

@Froggy Who offered 40M for Greenwood?

Getafe apparently. It would be £32m over 4 years due to a 20% buy clause which must be a FFP thing that benefits us. We would continue to pay a portion of his wages. They would continue to pay around £15k a week. It would be a pretty incredible deal for them. 

Atletico apparently has concrete interest. 

Big Ange wanted him but Levy said no. 

Oh I see the link. So if his wages stay at £75Kpw you’ll pay 60Kpw of his wages - 12M over the four years. Roughly 28M equivalent deal. That would be a good deal for you both tbh. Not sure if it’s a good deal for the women of Madrid I guess.

Given the three year rolling thing and Grealish left for Man City 3yrs ago this summer coming, will that have an effect on Villa's spending  going forward this summer or the one after ?

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Given the three year rolling thing and Grealish left for Man City 3yrs ago this summer coming, will that have an effect on Villa's spending  going forward this summer or the one after ?

Grealish is in the 3 years to June 2024(summer 21 sale)

8 hours ago, madras said:

Grealish - 100m

Chukwuemeka - 20m

Cameron Archer - 19m

Philogene - 5m (a suspiciously low figure)

Aarom Ramsey - 14m

There is plenty of home grown FFP wriggle room there beyond Grealish.

Our net spend the last 3 or 4 years (although that's only part of the story re the above homegrown factor) is actually small, much lower than yours.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Grealish - 100m

Chukwuemeka - 20m

Cameron Archer - 19m

Philogene - 5m (a suspiciously low figure)

Aarom Ramsey - 14m

There is plenty of home grown FFP wriggle room there beyond Grealish.

Our net spend the last 3 or 4 years (although that's only part of the story re the above homegrown factor) is actually small, much lower than yours.

Although this is true, it includes a couple of key one of factors which skew it. 

1, out splurge to keep us in the league was definitely a one off, I don’t expect us to spend so much in a January window ever age. 

2, your Grealish sale. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Although this is true, it includes a couple of key one of factors which skew it. 

1, out splurge to keep us in the league was definitely a one off, I don’t expect us to spend so much in a January window ever age. 

2, your Grealish sale. 

Not really sure how Grealish makes that much difference - even ignoring Grealish, there's £60m of other homegrown sales there. How is that skewed? If we wanted (and I definitely don't want to) we could sell Jacob Ramsey for a lot of money, too.

One thing we've got right in recent years is transfers and balancing with homegrown players - Tielemans, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey, Kamara - total cost about £17m. Also, not sure how your splurge being a one off really changes anything, though?

I know I keep saying this, but the homegrown thing is gamechanging in terms of the wriggle room it gives you - it's 100% profit and you can book it all in one year if you want to, which makes a huge difference that you don't see if you just look at net transfer spend. 

That's the bit you guys need to get right.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Not really sure how Grealish makes that much difference - even ignoring Grealish, there's £60m of other homegrown sales there. How is that skewed? If we wanted (and I definitely don't want to) we could sell Jacob Ramsey for a lot of money, too.

One thing we've got right in recent years is transfers and balancing with homegrown players - Tielemans, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey, Kamara - total cost about £17m. Also, not sure how your splurge being a one off really changes anything, though?

I know I keep saying this, but the homegrown thing is gamechanging in terms of the wriggle room it gives you - it's 100% profit and you can book it all in one year if you want to, which makes a huge difference that you don't see if you just look at net transfer spend. 

That's the bit you guys need to get right.

Do you think we’ll beat Sunderland on Saturday?

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

know I keep saying this, but the homegrown thing is gamechanging in terms of the wriggle room it gives you - it's 100% profit and you can book it all in one year if you want to, which makes a huge difference that you don't see if you just look at net transfer spend. 

Isn't it like 3x the actual number too, in regards to the room it opens up for FFP? Ie: a 10m transfer opens up 30m worth of FFP wiggle room? I feel like I've seen that kind of number mentioned on here before.

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Do you think we’ll beat Sunderland on Saturday?

Of course you fucking will.

I'd back Tindall on his own to overcome Michael Beale.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Of course you fucking will.

I'd back Tindall on his own to overcome Michael Beale.

Argh god Brummie mate I was pretty relaxed about it all but I’m starting to get squeaky bum about it now. We’re in such poor form I think we’re going to get humiliated. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Just now, cubaricho said:

Isn't it like 3x the actual number too, in regards to the room it opens up for FFP? Ie: a 10m transfer opens up 30m worth of FFP wiggle room? I feel like I've seen that kind of number mentioned on here before.

I don't know re those numbers, but if you look at the likes of City and Chelsea, we all moan about them fiddling the system, the 115 charges etc etc, but those two clubs both understand the importance of selling homegrown players. 

Gallagher is largely Chelsea's get out of jail card this season (although hopefully, they're going to run out of these options soon). Look what a massive impact that Mount money will have for them.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Argh god Brummie mate I was pretty relaxed about it all but I’m starting to get squeaky bum about it now. We’re in such poor form I think we’re going to get humiliated. 

Pull yourself together, man. It's an opportunity for a pivot on the season. 

Also, a january with not many league games in, it's good timing.