Other clubs' transfers

Greg

17 minutes ago, duo said:

How are Brighton still signing these players when we have took Ashworth?  ?

I dont think people actually understand what Ashworths role is. 

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Swear people think Ashworth is some omnipotent force that can do it all, with his main skill being identifying gold standard development players. In reality, he helps those and lots of other things happen. He’s clearly a fantastic strategist and negotiator but he’s just one man 

Newcastle owners need to fiddle with their best Saudi Pro League players and bring them to Newcastle on cheap to beat FFP.

They sign new ones to SPL to replace them. Only way around FFP.

3 hours ago, TRC said:

No I think people do - he has responsibility (amongst other things) of our recruitment strategy, my point is he clearly developed said strategy at Brighton which has been very successful.  Generating Brighton hundreds of millions in sales by targeting certain markets.  We have yet to see a similar strategy being implemented at Newcastle - I was hoping these are would be type of players we would also be in the mix for. 

4 minutes ago, High Five o said:

If Nusa goes to spurs it’s a shame, I desperately wanted him to Newcastle. Insane talent. 

He’s a massive talent, we need to be signing players like him for £20m.

7 hours ago, foxghost said:

Chelsea recall Casadei from Leicester. Strange one this, he's not always been on his game at Leicester, but maybe Poch sees a way he can utilise the player.

They probably want to try and cash in. They are desperate. 

14 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Cracking if it means we stay away from him. Seems Laaaardan through and through.

Grew up in the cage scene with all the other south Londoners. As did our own tino.

If you look they are all fantastic at taking a man on. That style of play definitely develops that skill exponentially. 

8 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Grew up in the cage scene with all the other south Londoners. As did our own tino.

If you look they are all fantastic at taking a man on. That style of play definitely develops that skill exponentially. 

I don’t question his technical capability, only his injury record and availability. We need robust players. I also wouldn’t want us paying the EPL Premium on him to Lego Head’s mob.

IMG_5369.thumb.jpeg.fffee1a070e6b27090276d2df0d26a2a.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Until we sell players we won’t be buying anyone.

Dont think we will loan anyone either.

Apparently we have 30 squad players. With 11 injured or suspended.

Man City only have 24 squad players. With 2 injured.

bizarre.

Knocked out the Carabao early, Farmers League clubs padding out their CL Group, Pep’s magical “pick me up” potions and players just returned. Plus a quality crop of youngsters he can turn to. Not that bizarre.

They also pass teams off the pitch so don’t do as many lung busting recovery runs and pressing that some teams do. I’m sure that any team that presses like we do is more likely to suffer injuries, and then the fact that we don’t have the quality to easily rotate in our overall squad means players get too many minutes 

15 hours ago, foxghost said:

Chelsea recall Casadei from Leicester. Strange one this, he's not always been on his game at Leicester, but maybe Poch sees a way he can utilise the player.

My moneys on him helping ffp more that the first team