Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Rod said:

So you know nowt about Anderson but apparently are an expert on 18 year old Archie Gray?  I can honestly say, I haven't got a clue who Archie Gray is.

A couple of my closest friends support Leeds. Seen plenty of Gray because of them. Looks a smasher.

I never said I know nowt about Anderson either. I was just being polite and not trying to act like I know better than the supporters of the club he played for. I've seen him plenty. He's alright.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

A couple of my closest friends support Leeds. Seen plenty of Gray because of them. Looks a smasher.

I never said I know nowt about Anderson either. I was just being polite and not trying to act like I know better than the supporters of the club he played for. I've seen him plenty. He's alright.

You describe Anderson as "bog standard" and Archie Gray as "unreal".  You are full of shit man Froggy!

1 minute ago, Rod said:

You describe Anderson as "bog standard" and Archie Gray as "unreal".  You are full of shit man Froggy!

Calm down Rodney son. You don't even know who Gray is to make the comparison, you said yourself.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Calm down Rodney son. You don't even know who Gray is to make the comparison, you said yourself.

I haven't a clue who Archie Gray is nor have I seen him play football.  I just know you haven't seen him play either.  Your shite patter about having Leeds mates is just that, shite patter. Now fuck off with the hilarious Rodney jibe.  See you outside?

1 minute ago, Rod said:

I haven't a clue who Archie Gray is nor have I seen him play football.  I just know you haven't seen him play either.  Your shite patter about having Leeds mates is just that, shite patter. Now fuck off with the hilarious Rodney jibe.  See you outside?

He was the Championship Young Player of the Season. Surprised you don't watch much of the Championship given how closely your club has been affiliated with it recently.

Less of those fighting words also Rod. I do jiu-jitsu. These hands are weapons of mass destruction.

Just now, Froggy said:

He was the Championship Young Player of the Season. Surprised you don't watch much of the Championship given how closely your club has been affiliated with it recently.

Less of those fighting words also Rod. I do jiu-jitsu. These hands are weapons of mass destruction.

But you know nowt about Anderson?  I rest my case M'Lord.

Just now, Rod said:

But you know nowt about Anderson?  I rest my case M'Lord.

Your words not mine. I said I'm not going to pretend to know anywhere near as much about him as you fine gentlemen. 

Obviously though I know ball to a much higher level than you all apart from Kaka and TCD. I'm just being polite.

Honestly can't believe anyone who's watched a lot of Anderson can see him being worth £35m, and I say that as someone who liked him. He's neat and tidy and can move with the ball but has never looked like setting the world alight, never looks like scoring and is injury prone. The mad goalie coming the other way shows it's clearly an unorthodox deal (if not in the context of this summer).

I think Anderson has a lot of quality and I think he’ll score a decent amount of goals each season when he is a consistent starter. The issue for him is that he doesn’t have raw speed so if he plays wide he always has to beat his man with skill (which he can do) but it’s a far less percentage option than having pace as well. If he plays midfield I think he can be effective as he’s shown he’s good at the defensive side of the game as well. They’ve overpaid based on what he’s shown but I think in two years’ time there’s a good chance everyone thinks it was fair value 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Honestly can't believe anyone who's watched a lot of Anderson can see him being worth £35m, and I say that as someone who liked him. He's neat and tidy and can move with the ball but has never looked like setting the world alight, never looks like scoring and is injury prone. The mad goalie coming the other way shows it's clearly an unorthodox deal (if not in the context of this summer).

Yeah he could be handy for Nottingham Forest but nothing to suggest he is on a level with Bruno and Joelinton and hopefully Tonali. Would have been great to have made it as a local lad but I suspect he will find his level as some stalwart bottom of the premier league/top of the championship midfielder

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Archie Gray is unreal though, and just turned 18.  Anderson is bog standard and is 3 years older.

It's not the going rate at all. :lol: It's definitely PSR fuckery, and if it can be exploited I don't see why you wouldn't do it.

No way. Was clear Gordon was class IMO. £45m will turn out to be a bargain for him. Anderson will end up at Norwich for £10m in a few years.

I like Anderson and he may go on to become a class player. However, the fact he was sold to Nottingham Forest and we bought a player from them for an inflated fee leads me to believe the fee is PSR fuckery. Nobody else not in PSR trouble buys him for that money.

Archie Gray's reputation is way higher than Anderson's. Which is why he was playing regular Championship football at 17 and has England youth caps at every level from 15-21. Elliot Anderson is getting called up by youth teams in Scotland and had a breakthrough season at 18 in L2.

Anderson could go on to become a better player. Happens all the time. But his reputation in the game suggests Gray has considerably more talent.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

We can ignore @Froggyand anyone else on this, Forest thought he was worth it hence they paid. It’s not like it was a straight swap, they paid a significant amount for a player they obviously rate at 35m. 

Don't believe this for a second. Personally.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I like Anderson and he may go on to become a class player. However, the fact he was sold to Nottingham Forest and we bought a player from them for an inflated fee leads me to believe the fee is PSR fuckery. Nobody else not in PSR trouble buys him for that money.

Archie Gray's reputation is way higher than Anderson's. Which is why he was playing regular Championship football at 17 and has England youth caps at every level from 15-21. Elliot Anderson is getting called up by youth teams in Scotland and had a breakthrough season at 18 in L2.

Anderson could go on to become a better player. Happens all the time. But his reputation in the game suggests Gray has considerably more talent.

Don't believe this for a second. Personally.

Then why did they buy him? Sure we can offer the keeper at 5m but it’s still 30m they value at if we say the keeper is worthless :lol:

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Then why did they buy him? Sure we can offer the keeper at 5m but it’s still 30m they value at if we say the keeper is worthless :lol:

After the mutual back-scratching, there's a good player there, on low wages, who will be a saleable asset in 2 years time.

Why did we sign their GK for a rumoured £5-12m? More than Forest paid. For a man behind Matz Sels in the pecking order.

Do you think we would've signed him without the PSR issues? And for how much?

I'm all for it. But this is all PSR fuckery. Ignore the numbers, it's for account purposes only.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

After the mutual back-scratching, there's a good player there, on low wages, who will be a saleable asset in 2 years time.

Why did we sign their GK for a rumoured £5-12m? More than Forest paid. For a man behind Matz Sels in the pecking order.

Do you think we would've signed him without the PSR issues? And for how much?

I'm all for it. But this is all PSR fuckery. Ignore the numbers, it's for account purposes only.

No but if we scratch forest back for 5m why would they scratch ours for 30m? It doesn’t make sense. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If that's what we paid, why are people saying it was an inflated fee?

image.thumb.png.33bb7ca27de7392733977a9b76f04202.png

This is the only confirmation - I guess it'll be in the accounts next year anyway. Moral of the story people talk shite. Some people even said Anderson's fee was £10m initially..

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's a good fee, but the idea It's outside of the norm is totally flawed like. Anderson was our best player pre-season and pre-injury last year. He tore it up on loan, had a good 22/23 season with us, had a brilliant cameo vs PSG last season, generally performed well in the Premier League for us last season, is supposed to be great in training, his stats show he clearly has talent and further potential and he's 21. 

His main problem has been injuries and knowing his position. The potential is obvious to the extent that despite our aims and despite the very good fee, a lot of people are still sad that he's gone.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, r0cafella said:

No but if we scratch forest back for 5m why would they scratch ours for 30m? It doesn’t make sense. 

Each club's finances are unique, so I won't take anything from the figures except that it must ultimately help each club with PSR. PSR is driving the transfers and the fee - that's all I'm confident of.

We also don't know the value of the GK transfer - was it £5m or £12m or somewhere in between - funny that we don't know.

I also don't know if it's the end of our business with Forest this summer.

You didn't answer any of my questions. Why did we sign their GK? Do you think we sign him without PSR issues? For the same fee?

It's all shenanigans.