Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm sure they'll bring in replacements though. Zaha is not irreplaceable at all.

To Palace in their current state? He's essential and unless they find someone of equal quality, they're fucked if he leaves. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

Eze is going to score 14 goals, @KaKa mate? :lol: There's potential there, but he's not on Zaha's level. 

You act as though Zaha was scoring 14 goals every season, but he didn't. That us his best total ever. And yet Palace still survived when he didn't manage that sort of output.

I think Eze will get a lot more assists and will still score a decent amount himself. I rate him far more than Zaha. He just needs to stay fit and get a run of games in the first team. Eze's general play will open up far more opportunities and chances for the team on whole in general IMO.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

To Palace in their current state? He's essential and unless they find someone of equal quality, they're fucked if he leaves. 

They're really not. This isn't Hodgson's Palace. Vieira is really good and knows what he's doing.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Zaha's best output was under Vieira, and it's no coincidence either that Gallagher did so well under him.

He'll get decent replacements in. It's not as if they stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season. They were 13 points clear of the relegation zone and just one point behind us in 12th place.

Just now, KaKa said:

They're really not. This isn't Hodgson's Palace. Vieira is really good and knows what he's doing.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Zaha's best output was under Vieira, and it's no coincidence either that Gallagher did so well under him.

He'll get decent replacements in. It's not as if they stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season. They were 13 points clear of the relegation zone and just one point behind us in 12th place.

It is very risky though if they go into next season without the players that provided 60% of the teams goals last season 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It is very risky though if they go into next season without the players that provided 60% of the teams goals last season 

You act as though there's no other players out there, or that the other players they have will just down tools. 

I think Eze and Olise step up next season, and even Edouard should be better going into his second year at the club. I don't think they suddenly fall off completely. No chance.

Just now, KaKa said:

You act as though there's no other players out there, or that the other players they have will just down tools. 

I think Eze and Olise step up next season, and even Edouard should be better going into his second year at the club. I don't think they suddenly fall off completely. No chance.

I don't think people are saying that at all, they could obviously replace him and be fine people, people are just saying that losing someone who you know contributes to a fair percentage of your creativity and has been a sure fire way of creating goals for the past half a decade, and then relying on a player who just came back from a ten month layoff is a risk that could very easily back fire. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

How am I acting like that ? It’s an absolute massive risk for any club it particularly any club mid to bottom half to try and replace that many goals in one transfer window. Of course they will try and replace them but it’s not a guarantee. You’re acting as if it’s guaranteed Eze and Olise step up and provide double figures each for g/a.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You act as though Zaha was scoring 14 goals every season, but he didn't. That us his best total ever. And yet Palace still survived when he didn't manage that sort of output.

I think Eze will get a lot more assists and will still score a decent amount himself. I rate him far more than Zaha. He just needs to stay fit and get a run of games in the first team. Eze's general play will open up far more opportunities and chances for the team on whole in general IMO.

If Eze can match Gallaghers output last season, that will be great progress for the lad. I like Viera, but I think you're over rating him. While I don't disagree Zaha historically not being prolific, he's getting better each season (don't think Roma could afford him, tbh) and if CP have top 10 aspirations, they'll need to keep him. I haven't seen CP mentioned in any of the rumours pages with links to players of Zaha's quality. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Benteke is shite, so, if Zaha leaves, they'll need these players to step up and probably find another two quality forwards to keep the momentum they built last year. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

How am I acting like that ? It’s an absolute massive risk for any club it particularly any club mid to bottom half to try and replace that many goals in one transfer window. Of course they will try and replace them but it’s not a guarantee. You’re acting as if it’s guaranteed Eze and Olise step up and provide double figures each for g/a.

I've seen much worse Palace teams with Hodgson at the helm stay up, with Zaha only scoring 4 goals the whole season. And there was no Gallagher in those teams either.

They were 13 points clear of the relegation zone last season. I doubt they drop all the way off from that into the relegation zone because Zaha leaves. I just don't see it at all.

There was far more to Palace last season under Vieira than just sitting back like they did under Hodgson, and then relying on Zaha producing some magic.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I've seen much worse Palace teams with Hodgson at the helm stay up, with Zaha only scoring 4 goals the whole season. And there was no Gallagher in those teams either.

They were 13 points clear of the relegation zone last season. I doubt they drop all the way off from that into the relegation zone because Zaha leaves. I just don't see it at all.

There was far more to Palace last season under Vieira than just sitting back like they did under Hodgson, and then relying on Zaha producing some magic.

Yet they still relied on him and Gallagher to get most of their goals, I don’t get how you are missing the point people are trying to make. If you take out 60% of a teams goals in one window it’s a concern going into next season. I’m not saying they won’t replace them and they may well not struggle at all but it’s by no means certain their replacements will produce similar numbers.

17 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

If Eze can match Gallaghers output last season, that will be great progress for the lad. I like Viera, but I think you're over rating him. While I don't disagree Zaha historically not being prolific, he's getting better each season (don't think Roma could afford him, tbh) and if CP have top 10 aspirations, they'll need to keep him. I haven't seen CP mentioned in any of the rumours pages with links to players of Zaha's quality. 

Benteke is shite, so, if Zaha leaves, they'll need these players to step up and probably find another two quality forwards to keep the momentum they built last year. 

I think this is ultimately what it comes down to.

I really liked what I saw from Palace last season. I think they gave every team they faced a really tough time, and it wasn't just down to Zaha and Gallagher. They were a very high energy and tenacious team.

Vieira walked into a team that had a bunch of players leaving with contracts coming to an end, and had to do a fair bit of a rebuild, and nailed it as a first time manager in the Prem. He finished comfortably in 12th and got to the FA Cup semi final too.

I think Vieira will only continue to get better, and make good decisions bringing players in, just like he did last season with Gallagher and Guehi, who were both class. Think there's a lot more to come from Edouard too.

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yet they still relied on him and Gallagher to get most of their goals, I don’t get how you are missing the point people are trying to make. If you take out 60% of a teams goals in one window it’s a concern going into next season. I’m not saying they won’t replace them and they may well not struggle at all but it’s by no means certain their replacements will produce similar numbers.

No ... you lot are the ones missing the point. You're assuming that those goals just disappear and no one else will be capable of replacing them.

I think the way Vieira has Palace playing they are going to continue to do well because they play with more initiative. They do not play a kind of Bruce/Hodgson ball, that just relies on a couple of players bailing them out all the time, while they sit in a low block all game.

I could easily see other players coming in and doing well in Vieira's setup for them to be just fine. They've been linked with both Ismaila Sarr and Emmanuel Dennis this summer as an example. Think both would do really well for him.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

No ... you lot are the ones missing the point. You're assuming that those goals just disappear and no one else will be capable of replacing them.

I think the way Vieira has Palace playing they are going to continue to do well because they play with more initiative. They do not play a kind of Bruce/Hodgson ball, that just relies on a couple of players bailing them out all the time, while they sit in a low block all game.

I could easily see other players coming in and doing well in Vieira's setup for them to be just fine. They've been linked with both Ismaila Sarr and Emmanuel Dennis this summer as an example. Think both would do really well for him.

You are the one missing the point, a team that loses 60% of their goals from last season is taking a risk going into a new season. Obviously I’m talking about lower down clubs not the likes of city who can go out and replace the likes of Jesus for Haaland.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You are the one missing the point, a team that loses 60% of their goals from last season is taking a risk going into a new season. Obviously I’m talking about lower down clubs not the likes of city who can go out and replace the likes of Jesus for Haaland.

:lol:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one man.

A team setup the way Bruce had us setup, absolutely suffers if they lose players like you describe, because the team is just relying on individual brilliance from a player or two.

This is not what Palace are under Vieira. I'm arguing that the reason Zaha and Gallagher even performed so well last season is because of Vieira's setup, and so I envision others coming in and doing well enough to have them continue to perform well.

You don't agree with that assertion, and that's fine. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm with you on most points, @KaKa, I don't think Palace will go down, they have enough quality and experience to stay up. Removing your top goal scoring and creating players will, at best, see them replicate this past season finish, but most likely sit at 14-16th in the table. 

I'm a fan of Viera, the player and now manager, think he's got more about him than some players from his time as manager. 

Edited by The Bonk

Love Palace me.

They've been preparing for Zaha leaving for 18 months. They'll be ok. Might finish lower but won't get relegated. For the first time ever in the PL, Palace looked decent without Zaha in the side. Last season they had multiple different options going forward which was a factor in Zaha's greater goal output - teams had to worry about a lot more things.

Palace are a good team for players' to join and they are taking advantage of that. Pretty low pressure. London but can live very suburban if you wish. Finally a manager that suits the club.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I'm with you on most points, @KaKa, I don't think Palace will go down, they have enough quality and experience to stay up. Removing your top goal scoring and creating players will, at best, see them replicate this past season finish, but most likely sit at 14-16th in the table. 

I'm a fan of Viera, the player and now manager, think he's got more about him than some players from his time as manager. 

Hey, you guys may prove to be right. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

More so than others perhaps, I just really think very highly of what Vieira did last year, including the plyers he chose to bring in, and so I think he does similar this year, even if they lose both Zaha and Gallagher.

I am also a massive fan of Eze, I think he is more composed and is better technically than Zaha, and is also more aware of his team mates. They brought him back slowly last season and eased him in, and so I think he will be raring to go next year now. I'm eager to see him under a more progressive manager now in Vieira, than what Hodgson was. Think he could be a break out player this coming season.

I'm not sure about Eze personally. Very different style of player to Zaha. Quality on his day, would love to se him kick-on this season. I really like Olise and Guehi.

I think losing Kouyate is a bad decision mind.

Btw I think Palace WANT to sell Zaha this season. He has 1 year left on his contract I think. As a free agent next year - he probably gets his move to a top 7 club on a 2/3 year deal. This might be their last chance to get a fee which they can spend on a direct replacement. You figure £20-£30m fee and £7-8m in wages.

I said I would like him here but I doubt he would want to come. He doesn't have the time for a project.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Hey, you guys may prove to be right. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

More so than others perhaps, I just really think very highly of what Vieira did last year, including the plyers he chose to bring in, and so I think he does similar this year, even if they lose both Zaha and Gallagher.

I am also a massive fan of Eze, I think he is more composed and is better technically than Zaha, and is also more aware of his team mates. They brought him back slowly last season and eased him in, and so I think he will be raring to go next year now. I'm eager to see him under a more progressive manager now in Vieira, than what Hodgson was. Think he could be a break out player this coming season.

He's a top prospect and has something about him, I agree. He was class for QPR and I imagine Palace hope he can have the same impact Gallagher did for them the past campaign. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Eze the 24 year old prospect.

Zaha is 27 and arguably became an elite player only last season. It's obvious Eze has potential that's yet been realized, age has nothing to do with that.

You really are an Edge Lord. Congrats. 

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Zaha is 27 and arguably became an elite player only last season. It's obvious Eze has potential that's yet been realized, age has nothing to do with that.

You really are an Edge Lord. Congrats. 

Zaha’s 29.

Edited by Manxst