Other clubs' transfers

Greg

one of the dodgiest transfers going was him joining Wolves for £35mil in my opinion

Guess he's still young

Edited by joeyt

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

one of the dodgiest transfers going was him joining Wolves for £35mil in my opinion

Guess he's still young

I think it was a wonder kid purchase based on potential. Shockingly he's still just 19 years old. 

The Anderlecht loan move is a really good one. The mistake is that they should have been doing this with him already.

I think he still has a really good chance of becoming a really good player. He needs to be playing though, and they've finally realised that.

14 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Really strange. He's not going to play much for them. 

I am also surprised he is staying. But at the same time I am very happy. He is quality when fit. I am suspecting he might have a release clause which activates if he plays less than a certain amount of games or something like that. We had that with Origi. 

46 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Chelsea's transfer dealings seems so fucking odd to me. 

You mean like they have new owner who doesn't have a club what they are doing?

Chelsea will drop like a stone at some point, similar to what Man United have done. Might take a few years for the rot to set in. 

[emoji38] 

“Turning noses up” at Ake. 

OK, fourth choice at Man City. There’s a reason they’re streets ahead of everyone but Liverpool. Ake walks into the first 11 everywhere else. Chelsea are rebuilding their back line from scratch. 

Edited by gazza ladra

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

[emoji38] 

“Turning noses up” at Ake. 

OK, fourth choice at Man City. There’s a reason they’re streets ahead of everyone but Liverpool. Ake walks into the first 11 everywhere else. Chelsea are rebuilding their back line from scratch. 

Am I the only one e who's never been that impressed by him. Not saying he's shite, just wouldn't excite me and certainly not at the price quoted.

5 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

I am also surprised he is staying. But at the same time I am very happy. He is quality when fit. I am suspecting he might have a release clause which activates if he plays less than a certain amount of games or something like that. We had that with Origi. 

This is a good idea for both parties if true.

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

They'll sell him to a newly promoted team in two years time for £25m

He's better than that.

I'd take him for that money now. Has all the right tools to be a top player. Injury record and VVD tax are a worry.

Chelsea need to sign at least 2 CB'd so Ake is good business for them. Ake & Silva in a back 4 is a bit short although both have a good leap.

55 minutes ago, madras said:

Am I the only one e who's never been that impressed by him. Not saying he's shite, just wouldn't excite me and certainly not at the price quoted.

I'm with you on that, dunno what it is he just seems a bit meh.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Flynn Downes. Never heard of him. £9mil

Must be a relation to one of their ex players - Sure they had a player called Wally Downes in the past?

Probably  have to disagree about Ake. Quick, Left-footed, ball-playing defender. Versatile. Can play CB in a three or four, or as LB. Coming into the prime age for a defender. Premier league experience. Of course he’s going to be f*cking expensive.

Guest HTT II

I wanted him here, rate him highly! Mad they are resigning him though, what a strange club when it comes to transfers in and out!

16 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Probably  have to disagree about Ake. Quick, Left-footed, ball-playing defender. Versatile. Can play CB in a three or four, or as LB. Coming into the prime age for a defender. Premier league experience. Of course he’s going to be f*cking expensive.

Think he’s a ready-made starter for pretty much any team in the league.