Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Got to give credit to the Glazers for spending money.

Once again ignoring them spending  €75m on Di Maria, €60m on Martial, €105m on Pogba, €84m on Lukaku, €59m on Fred, €63m on Fernandes, €87m on Maguire, €85m on Sancho, €57m on Martinez, €70m on Casimero, and €95m on Antony, when was the last time they spent over £50m on a player? Good season incoming me thinks. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Saw something on Twitter saying 4 of the top 6 transfers in English football once Rice has been confirmed are by American owners. 

Ruining the game. 

There'll be quite a few bubbling under that top 6 too, Maguire, Sancho, Nunez, VVD etc. Assuming Nunez isn't top 6.

33 minutes ago, TBG said:

Once again ignoring them spending  €75m on Di Maria, €60m on Martial, €105m on Pogba, €84m on Lukaku, €59m on Fred, €63m on Fernandes, €87m on Maguire, €85m on Sancho, €57m on Martinez, €70m on Casimero, and €95m on Antony, when was the last time they spent over £50m on a player? Good season incoming me thinks. 

Yeah but how many of those were in the January window? 

If money is such a pressing issue for Man Utd I'm surprised they've focused on getting Mount as there seems to be positions of more priority for them and they seem to have plety of attacking midfielders

Think he'll be a good signing for them mind

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If money is such a pressing issue for Man Utd I'm surprised they've focused on getting Mount as there seems to be positions of more priority for them and they seem to have plety of attacking midfielders

Think he'll be a good signing for them mind

I think money isn’t the issue, they are heavily constrained by FFP ironically. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yeah that's what I meant, should have said FFP rather than 'money'

Aye, binning off de gea means they also have to Invest in a GK too. 

I doubt so many teams will give them so much space to counter this season as well. It will be interesting to see how they get on. 

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Don't Man U generate the most income out of all English clubs? So basically you could say the most in the world since the PL is the richest leage in the world now. How on earth have they managed to fall foul of FFP?

Just now, TRon said:

Don't Man U generate the most income out of all English clubs? So basically you could say the most in the world since the PL is the richest leage in the world now. How on earth have they managed to fall foul of FFP?

They spend an absolute fuck ton, pay massive wages and struggle to sell. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yep which is why they are low balling Inter for Onana. They’ll have limited funds for a striker otherwise. Interesting to see who they go for as even Hojlund feels like he’ll be prohibitively expensive.

Just now, r0cafella said:

They spend an absolute fuck ton, pay massive wages and struggle to sell. 

Let's hope they don't suddenly end up selling a batch of players to the Saudi league then, we were saying the same about Chelsea a year ago.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

A timely reminder for those who are uncomfortable with being linked to the Saudis what the alternative could look like.

2 hours ago, TBG said:

Few disappointing likes on this post. Shame.

22 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I can’t stand Man U but in spite of the spending during the Glazers era, the Glazers are utter parasites. Owners like them are awful for football

I've said in years gone by they feel like a larger scale Ashley in that they're just leeching off an even more sure thing of a club, keeping it ticking over for profit with no genuine aspirations of progress.

I'll still laugh at Froggy every chance I get, though.