Other clubs' transfers

Greg

My youngest son played in a tournament in Barcelona earlier this summer against teams from France, Spain etc and some of the opposition were fucking HUGE.

Played against one 11 year old keeper who must've been 6ft 3 or 4.

Another centre back who was the spitting double of Chancel Mbemba at 11 years old. Again, over 6ft [emoji38].

There was also a couple of French wingers who looked like Pogba - massive, athetic as fuck and bigger than every parent [emoji38].

They build'em different nowadays.

4 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Coaches and scouts are more likely to choose those that are physically advanced. Wayne Rooney looked 30 years old if you recall :)

No arguments with that but I'd have thought kids who are miles bigger/stronger/more developed than average should probably play up a year and test themselves.

5 hours ago, SteV said:

If that were to go through, how would you class his time with Liverpool?

Shown undoubted class at times but on the whole seems to have been underwhelming, perhaps mainly because of injury, and the fact that there was real high expectations when he signed and what he showed initially.

Very difficult to say one way or the other. He was definitely not a success given his reputation and definitely not a flop either. The constant injuries meant that we could never see him in full flow.  He was aesthetically a very pleasing footballer to watch, silky touch, skills on the ball, passing, etc. So when he was on song, he gave us moments when you jump out of the sofa and clap at what he did. 

To a certain extent, I also think it is not his fault. I am not sure such footballers fit Klopp's midfield ethos. Klopp's midfielders are skillful (not at his level, obviously) but are more physical. He didnt quite fit the template. You can see Klopp going back to his trusted template this season in our midfield purchases.

Another aspect I admire him for is his attitude. He has won the lot multiple times (treble twice, CL three times), and at no point did he show any airs. He joined the club and got right into it, embraced the city, the club, the youth team etc. Great person to have in your squad. Very Rafa like in the sense that he immediately got it. 

2 hours ago, Minhosa said:

My youngest son played in a tournament in Barcelona earlier this summer against teams from France, Spain etc and some of the opposition were fucking HUGE.

Played against one 11 year old keeper who must've been 6ft 3 or 4.

Another centre back who was the spitting double of Chancel Mbemba at 11 years old. Again, over 6ft [emoji38].

There was also a couple of French wingers who looked like Pogba - massive, athetic as fuck and bigger than every parent [emoji38].

They build'em different nowadays.

Or they just lie about their ages.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Or they just lie about their ages.

Maybe but every single kid was registered and checked in with their passports. Fuck knows. Some of them were mental big though.

My youngest is on the smaller side for his age and was playing 18 months up (they play calendar years in Europe rather than school years) and I took some photos of him Vs the opposition to show the Mrs who was at home.

Like Ryan Fraser Vs Dan Burn in every pic [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

4 hours ago, Sima said:

Liverpool getting tens of millions from Saudi clubs is going to fucking sting a little.

Ideally the Saudis would buy one of the cheaper Liverpool players to shut up their "oh we're so pure" fans, and then buy one of ours for Ruben Neves money.

It won't be just yet, but my lingering dread is that the Saudis pay massively for Salah just as he stops producing and Liverpool are happy to offload.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Ideally the Saudis would buy one of the cheaper Liverpool players to shut up their "oh we're so pure" fans, and then buy one of ours for Ruben Neves money.

It won't be just yet, but my lingering dread is that the Saudis pay massively for Salah just as he stops producing and Liverpool are happy to offload.

I'd imagine Salah to Saudi is nailed on at some point. I wouldn't even be that surprised if it was this summer tbh.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Aye this is starting to piss me off something bad. Saudis seem to be buying everyone's cast offs at over-inflated prices except ours. WTF is going on?  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ings being linked with Leicester. He'll do to the Championship what Vardy did in the PL before last season. 

I thought Emery was nuts to bin him in January and just go with Watkins as the only experienced striker on our books, but he was right.

Crikey, what a descent.

Great finisher, but no legs left.

Also has a weird, sort of World War Two Tommy look about him. One who has been in a POW camp for a while.

EDIT: Germans, not Japs obvs.

Edited by brummie

Aye academy products is FFP GOLD. That takes 10+ years to come to fruition. 

Villa benefitting immensely from that. And they’ve got another £80m worth on the books if needed. That figure rising. 

It’s another reason to get Anderson out on loan. Get his value up. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Saw something on Twitter saying 4 of the top 6 transfers in English football once Rice has been confirmed are by American owners. 

Ruining the game. 

I call fake news, they categorically can’t compete as stated a million times by alll and sundry.