Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest ElCid

Don’t think Rafa would get the kind of control he’d want at Arsenal.

Doubt he will get it here either that's the problem

As far as I'm concerned Rafa is as good ad gone.  One year left on his contract with  £6m buy out clause and making demands for control over transfers and a demand for a sizeable transfer budget is a no brainer for Ashley.  Cash in by allowing Rafa to join w ham and appoint parsnip again just to piss us off again.

As far as I'm concerned Rafa is as good ad gone.  One year left on his contract with  £6m buy out clause and making demands for control over transfers and a demand for a sizeable transfer budget is a no brainer for Ashley.  Cash in by allowing Rafa to join w ham and appoint parsnip again just to piss us off again.

Pardew isn't coming back dude, I get the whole scepticism but Pardew's reputation is in the toilet right now, the job he did at Palace and WBA put the final nail in his PL manager coffin. Ashley wouldn't trust him to do the one thing he insists upon which is to keep that PL money flowing. Fat Sam's return is what you should be more worried about.

That club statement was as much of a come-on as you can get without being explicit. "We believe we have a watertight contract with Rafa, which could only be deactivated by a hefty sum (lets say 6million GBP), specifically clause 18(b) which any prospective activator might struggle to even find (at the bottom of page 24). Even then they would have to ring Mike direct on his top-secret number, (0191 258....)"

TIL Malcolm Macdonald's grammar is shite.

rzGWn7r.jpg

Christ :lol:

She was sitting not far from me. Saw that sign and thought fuck me you could have made a better one like hope they don’t show that on Sky.

Don’t think Rafa would get the kind of control he’d want at Arsenal.

He won't even go there because they won't be interested, they'll go younger and someone who plays more open although I need to be careful how I thrase that because Rafa isn't defensive imo.

Which is what I suspected the minute Wenger leaving happened anyway.

Speaking of Arsenal, I forgot all about Wenger, he would fit the profile Sullivan painted too. Wenger should be the next England boss in my view, but the FA won't have the balls to sack Southgate even if we don't get out of the group stage. Don't think Wenger feels he's finished with football.

Wenger said the other day that he's had a crazy amount of offers and that he will certainly manage again. But he also said the chances of it being in the PL are pretty much zero as he would find it impossible to face Arsenal after 22 years, so managing abroad is the likely scenario.

I think he will go to one of the big Seria A teams. Although considering he's only leaving Arsenal he regularly says "i'm retiring", which to me seems permanent :lol:

Speaking of Arsenal, I forgot all about Wenger, he would fit the profile Sullivan painted too. Wenger should be the next England boss in my view, but the FA won't have the balls to sack Southgate even if we don't get out of the group stage. Don't think Wenger feels he's finished with football.

Wenger said the other day that he's had a crazy amount of offers and that he will certainly manage again. But he also said the chances of it being in the PL are pretty much zero as he would find it impossible to face Arsenal after 22 years, so managing abroad is the likely scenario.

I think he will go to one of the big Seria A teams. Although considering he's only leaving Arsenal he regularly says "i'm retiring", which to me seems permanent :lol:

who is france manager now, still deschamps?  when he inevitably shags this WC they should go for wenger

Guest reefatoon

Damn, I was at Heathrow airport a few weeks ago. Hope people don't think I was becoming a West Ham fan.