Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Allardyce replacing Rafa would be almost as bad as Pardew. Tactically he might be better, but he has to be the biggest cunt in football bar Pardew himself. Fuck that.

Ashley wants Allardyce hence the public apology last year.

Not a bad shout, unfortunately.

Aye, well if that's the case then I'm getting a fucking lobotomy and living out my days in ignorance.

Reckon Pulis would be the shout over Allardyce tbh. A very morbid view but Allardyce would be a cracking appointment, Rafa leaving and him incoming would really be the kick up the arse that a lot of fans need to really take action.

Ashley wants Allardyce hence the public apology last year.

Not a bad shout, unfortunately.

Aye, well if that's the case then I'm getting a fucking lobotomy and living out my days in ignorance.

Yep, it would genuinely be impossible to support the club under those circumstances.

Rafa will be signed up by Christmas though, so no worries.

Not a chance the guys gone man just accept it. One of Ashley or Rafa will 100% be gone this time next year and we all know it won't be Ashley

and you'll get your last Christmas wish, dillhole

:lol: Cut it out, butthead.

Guest chopey

I hope Rafa isn't sticking around for the sake of the fans cos I'm perfectly happy with him Fucking off at this stage

I hope Rafa isn't sticking around for the sake of the fans cos I'm perfectly happy with him Fucking off at this stage

Would love it, it's already over soon anyway. This could at least cause some anger maybe. Rafa wont leave though :(

He won't lose in any case. Ashley is the only loser, either handling the new contract and funds Rafa required, or got a massive hit financially in coming seasons due to relegation.

The transfers we did so far clearly indicates Rafa hasn't give up yet.

He won't lose in any case. Ashley is the only loser, either handling the new contract and funds Rafa required, or got a massive hit financially in coming seasons due to relegation.

The transfers we did so far clearly indicates Rafa hasn't give up yet.

Maybe not given up on this season, but he sure as hell wont be extending his contract.

No. The fact that he turned down two contracts from the club clearly shows who really got the power. It isn't a secret that Ashley wanna force Rafa to sign the extension by limiting the funds. To me it is pure desperation because if ultimately this pissed Rafa off and he walked, we are left with a team heading to relegation and no manager would come to save us. Ultimately it would be Ashley who got the hit again. Rafa can easily find another club to manage given his record last year.

The game is still in Rafas hands. It's true that we failed to spend huge on one to two star players to bring us to the next level. However I would say Rafa has managed to sign the players we needed for consolidating our status in EPL.

If Rafa has given up, he could easily do nothing and wait for one year. Now we got a reliable GK, a new CB, an established midfielder, a competitor for Ayoze (finally), Kenedy for at least another year, and another EPL proven striker in the expense of one that failed to perform (Gayle). These are extremely important signings.  Our team is no longer a Championship quality team, despite we spend nearly nothing.

It's difficult because I know it's a good thing for us, but in the grand scheme of things all it does is drag out the pain for another year. One more year of biting your tongue and still trying to support the team for the sake he might somehow still be here.