Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa is the last hope for anything good at Newcastle for a lot of people. It’s not really that hard to understand

There is no hope for anything good at Newcastle as long as Ashley is in charge.

I agree. What I’m trying to say is Rafa is the only thing keeping me interested. If he goes so does my love for nufc and no matter how shit it’s been the last 12 years, I don’t want that to happen. I’m sure many people feel the same way

Rafa is the last hope for anything good at Newcastle for a lot of people. It’s not really that hard to understand

There is no hope for anything good at Newcastle as long as Ashley is in charge.

I agree. What I’m trying to say is Rafa is the only thing keeping me interested. If he goes so does my love for nufc and no matter how shit it’s been the last 12 years, I don’t want that to happen. I’m sure many people feel the same way

As great as I think Rafa is I just can't bring myself to give a shit anymore. Another year of competing with the newly promoted clubs for signings and finishing 13th has lost it's appeal, although I was probably kidding myself in the first place.

Same script as the Summer of Shearer. Only difference being that come July 1st we should get some sort of message from Rafa.  Most likely that he's heard nowt and moves on with a heavy heart and hopes supporters get what they deserve..... etc etc.

Same script as the Summer of Shearer. Only difference being that come July 1st we should get some sort of message from Rafa.  Most likely that he's heard nowt and moves on with a heavy heart and hopes supporters get what they deserve..... etc etc.

It's not really the same though is it? Shearer was more or less completely blanked once the season had finished. Rafa is, it seems, actively in discussion with them.

It's not really the same though is it? Shearer was more or less completely blanked once the season had finished. Rafa is, it seems, actively in discussion with them.

True.  Completely spinning the mood it is nearly 3 years to the day (25th May 2016) since Rafa last renewed his deal, so there's time.

The comparison between the Shearer exit is terrible.

Rafa has told the players that he will see them in pre season FFS.

I'd be concerned about the club's ability to keep any promises.

A moot point if he doesn't get a contract renewal, I may add.

A moot point if he doesn't get a contract renewal, I may add.

aye, bit like moby telling natalie portman he'd see her on their next date

If their past behaviour is anything to go by, Ashley and his band of scumbags will string Rafa along for as long as they possibly can, hoping that Rafa does or says something that makes it look like he fucked the deal up.  Obviously Rafa won’t cos he’s too clever but some of our thicker fans will still believe the club’s lies that it was Rafa who was being unreasonable and wanted away.  He’s gone lads, if he was staying the deal would’ve been done weeks ago.

Apparently Wenger could be persuaded to take the gig.

Now we know Wenger hates spending big money and loves using younger players.

Not to mention Mike's preference for dealing with his French agent contacts.

Thoughts?

Apparently Wenger could be persuaded to take the gig.

Now we know Wenger hates spending big money and loves using younger players.

Not to mention Mike's preference for dealing with his French agent contacts.

Thoughts?

Apparently according to who? :lol: