Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Something has to give at somepoint.

that's the thing though, it simply doesn't at all

Well it does. He has proven time and time again he and his cronies have no clue on hires. They won't find someone that is capable enough to keep us up like rafa was and they won't spunk the same amount they did with schteevie.

There won't be a better time to cash in under his ownership than now.

Yes there is going to be the same portion of people that will turn up whatever but more and more people not related to the club are speaking up in the media against Ashley and more and more general fans are starting to understand what's going on. Whilst the "public pressure" is going to continue to build up it will never be the sole factor for selling.

There are better business ventures out there for him without the growing hassle. He simply can't realise the financial potential here (which ironically would make him much richer) because he simply won't do the things neccesary to do it. The club will become an albatross around his neck especially when we go down. I still think he will asset strip us and fuck off. Likely we arent that lucky.

Guest chopey

Rafa will have a decent wedge to spend but he has to buy saleable assets that can double in value and be able to finish 17th every year. We exist solely for the benifit of Mike Ashley

Well we can't say it's not predictable. Sounds like the local lads have been briefed from someone over the weekend. Ties nicely with Wise, Harmison and whoever else has been rocking up to chat shit over recent days.

I think a lot of people are missing the point RE: his ownership too. He enjoys owning the club and being able to do it how he wants, plus if it angers locals even better.

I think we will use the loan market a lot this summer.

Probably, again just showcasing other teams players. Great times ahead. As an aside I sort of understand some fans going to get a way from the Wife rather than shopping or because they have kids and it's a family thing, but no f***ing idea why anyone else would attend a game.

I still have my ticket because I fall in the wife and kids category and like to have a few drinks with mates on match days but am phoning up and cancelling if takeover doesn't happen. I will just give my wife money for shopping and keep other half season ticket money for match day drinking

I'd rather go shopping with your wife, than fund the fat c***'s existence.

Deal, you go shopping with my Wife and I can go to pub.

So apparently details of the structure of the money available to Benitez have come out. £50m plus any player sales which the club received immediately.

Any loan fees, wages, agent fees would also be withdrawn from that £50million fund, drastically lowering the amount available for actual transfer fees.

I’m not surprised Rafa has no interest in negotiating with them. Ashley is pure cancer.

How do you know this like? :lol:

It’s being widely quoted in the press that this is the case.

https://www.balls.ie/football/rafael-benitez-set-leave-newcastle-mike-ashley-refuses-budge-412765

Wages are not included in the transfer budget according to Chris Waugh.

I'm probably in a minority here but to me it makes perfect sense to have a 'playing budget' which takes account of all the costs involved with signing a player. Maybe you can get a more experienced player for a low fee but have to shoulder some big wages- it makes no sense if you have loads of room on the transfer budget but no capacity for the extra wages. Ultimately, it's all pounds and pence.

Rafa has made it clear it's not about how much he has to spend but more about the control he has over it- he doesn't want to have to have every decision micro-managed by people who know nothing about football. Managerial autonomy and our continued lack of investment in training facilities seem to be the biggest factors.

Something has to give at somepoint.

that's the thing though, it simply doesn't at all

Well it does. He has proven time and time again he and his cronies have no clue on hires. They won't find someone that is capable enough to keep us up like rafa was and they won't spunk the same amount they did with schteevie.

There won't be a better time to cash in under his ownership than now.

Yes there is going to be the same portion of people that will turn up whatever but more and more people not related to the club are speaking up in the media against Ashley and more and more general fans are starting to understand what's going on. Whilst the "public pressure" is going to continue to build up it will never be the sole factor for selling.

There are better business ventures out there for him without the growing hassle. He simply can't realise the financial potential here (which ironically would make him much richer) because he simply won't do the things neccesary to do it. The club will become an albatross around his neck especially when we go down. I still think he will asset strip us and fuck off. Likely we arent that lucky.

the only thing that would force him to "give" would be relegation and the end of the parachute payments without getting promoted again...even then i'm not convinced it would matter to him

Let's never forget that Mike Ashley quote where he says 'They have no idea how nasty I can be ...'. He loves this.

Now here is the most despicable part of this whole thing ...

He wants to get in young players with re-sale value that can be developed, but will he make the effort to actually find a quality manager that has a proven track record of this? No.

He will just give it to some goofy clogger of a manager.

The man has mental problems.

Guest covmag

I hesitated twice on renewing, it was for a reason.

Now I fucking know. Not a chance will they have my money.

40 years I’ve been going

And to think people Ashley him walk out of that pizza restaurant without as much as spitting on him. Someone should have stoved a brick through the back of his head and rendered him a fuckin' vegetable.

If a monumental shit storm does not hit the club and ashley after all this bollocks, it absolutely confirms to me why this club is where it is at.

Does not really make any difference to me anyway now.  This has been so predictable for so long, its unbelievable.

Its been said already, but if Rafa goes - we really must go.

I am gone anyway until Ashley fucks off.

Like 1.5 weeks ago my wife and i finally worked out a 5-7 day trip for us to come to England for a vacation and also make sure I got up to see a Newcastle game at St James Park for this upcoming season.  Welp, forever on the back burner that trip.

We’re still 6/1 to go down. Madness

take everything else aside i'm going to be very interested to see what even a good manager could get out of this group of players rafa has put together

even assuming he goes for someone not shite and gives them a handful of players i'm still very much of the opinion rafa has had no right to do as well as he has with these players

I think that was Llambias. He's still a sociopathic cunt nonetheless.

Let's never forget that Mike Ashley quote where he says 'They have no idea how nasty I can be ...'. He loves this.

Now here is the most despicable part of this whole thing ...

He wants to get in young players with re-sale value that can be developed, but will he make the effort to actually find a quality manager that has a proven track record of this? No.

He will just give it to some goofy clogger of a manager.

The man has mental problems.