Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Tbf all I said is they don't have the talent to contend for a title, not top 4. Them finishing top 4 wouldn't surprise me.

But that isn't Klopp's fault and I doubt there's a manager alive who could make them title contenders with these players.

They have the talent, its just not being utilised correctly. They don't have the actual talent to win the league agreed, but to compete, I believe they do. It is indeed Klopp's fault because he has spent a huge wedge on basically staying still. the football is good though... until they run out of stamina, however.

They are kind of like Arsenal, too many samey samey players. Did they really need Oxlaide-Chamberlain? Salah even?

Tbf all I said is they don't have the talent to contend for a title, not top 4. Them finishing top 4 wouldn't surprise me.

But that isn't Klopp's fault and I doubt there's a manager alive who could make them title contenders with these players.

They have the talent, its just not being utilised correctly. They don't have the actual talent to win the league agreed, but to compete, I believe they do. It is indeed Klopp's fault because he has spent a huge wedge on basically staying still. the football is good though... until they run out of stamina, however.

They are kind of like Arsenal, too many samey samey players. Did they really need Oxlaide-Chamberlain? Salah even?

They needed to significantly strengthen their backbone. Their keepers, CB's (maybe apart from Matip), and central midfielders apart from Can aren't up to scratch. Jordan Henderson as captain of Liverpool makes me laugh every time.

Salah is decent and done well for them, not sure spunking 40m on the Ox was wise. That money could have landed two quality defensive signings would have been better for them.

Salah is decent and done well for them, not sure spunking 40m on the Ox was wise. That money could have landed two quality defensive signings would have been better for them.

They should have paid 15m more and landed Keita now rather than wait for next season. He's exactly what they need in midfield.

Klopp won back to back Bundesliga titles and tool Dortmund to a CL final. He's improved Liverpool massively since he took over as well compared to how they were post Suarez. Klopp is in the elite managers bracket, Liverpool won't realistically upgrade on him. If they do come in for Rafa, a straight swap will do for me, otherwise they can fuck off.

You have to understand Klopps tactics and the difference between the two leagues.  If Liverpool is playing in Bundesiga they should be champ already.  The style is completely different and there is a reason why Liverpool under klopp always able to beat top teams who play football on the floor but lose to shit teams which give up possession and just hoof the ball forward.

You have to understand Klopps tactics and the difference between the two leagues.  If Liverpool is playing in Bundesiga they should be champ already.  The style is completely different and there is a reason why Liverpool under klopp always able to beat top teams who play football on the floor but lose to shit teams which give up possession and just hoof the ball forward.

So Klopp can't adapt his approach to different teams.  Klopp isn't a very good manager.

You can say so if your definition of very good manager should have bags of different tactics suitable for different types of players.  Klopp isn't.  In Dortmund he has Hummels and Subotic at their prime to support his ultra aggressive pressing, but now in Liverpool other than Matip all are not good enough to do the job.

So Klopp can't adapt his approach to different teams.  Klopp isn't a very good manager.

This is my view. He doesn't have the quality of defender and midfielder he needs to support the attacking game he wants to play right now, the answer is not up keep doing it anyway and shipping loads of goals. The answer is to adjust and protect them better while still retaining an attacking edge.

He's a good manager but is currently showing signs of extreme stubbornness and inflexibility.

(RE Klopp) I sometimes think that managers basically need a lot going for them beyond their control to win every game near enough to win a title. When managers are slightly off that pace when they are expected to win titles they get criticised as being not that good, but there are so many other factors and the margins so fine. He's a very good manager imo, with a bit of a blind spot for defending, but could Liverpool do better? Possibly, but who knows other manager may not get any more out the squad either? He does have a proven record, much more helpful than sacking him would probably be bringing in a superior defensive coach (and buying a defender) but most managers are such control freaks that they probably hate that.

Guest neesy111

Taking Liverpool to the title is almost impossible TBH. The only time they came close was when they stumbled on a superhuman player to carry them there.

If Leicester can do it, then Liverpool can with the right investment.

Taking Liverpool to the title is almost impossible TBH. The only time they came close was when they stumbled on a superhuman player to carry them there.

If Leicester can do it, then Liverpool can with the right investment.

With loads of investment of course, I was thinking with investment that's significantly lower than Chelsea and Man City.

I really hope people are going to stop using Leicester as proof that "anyone can win it" soon. That was the biggest upset in the history of football, it's not going to be repeated any time soon.

Not to mention the contenders are better now than they were that season.

The two are not comparable in the slightest.

Guest firetotheworks

Leicester were the exception that proved the rule. What they pulled off was nothing short of a miracle within a perfect storm. I don't think you can really use it as an example unless you're Mike Ashley.

Leicester were the exception that proved the rule. What they pulled off was nothing short of a miracle within a perfect storm. I don't think you can really use it as an example unless you're Mike Ashley.

Surely Ashley does the complete opposite though? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

'Leicester won without hardly spending anything, why can't you do that every year?' is more along the lines of what I was getting at.

'Leicester won without hardly spending anything, why can't you do that every year?' is more along the lines of what I was getting at.

:thup:

Was thinking more that Ashley doesn't even care about anything and competing with the top.