Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

He'll do well to play everything with a straight bat later today. The journalists will be all over this.

Should be very interesting.

Whole public slanging match, and his tenure being part of the deal, puts him in a difficult situation. Least it takes the focus off a potential drubbing though.

If there isn't reinforcements Rafa should walk the day after the window closes. He's just wasting his time while fatty is here.

Rafa is a bigger man than that, and there's still a small chance the takeover will happen later this year.

If there isn't reinforcements Rafa should walk the day after the window closes. He's just wasting his time while fatty is here.

Rafa is a bigger man than that, and there's still a small chance the takeover will happen later this year.

There will never be a takeover imo.

Only major protests against Sports Direct would force his hand now

Probably not, but I think Rafa will see out the season and then walk if nothing is happening.

If I'm Rafa, I'm calling Fatty up first thing in the morning and tell him to accept the offer or I'm walking, and see how much the club is worth when it's crashing in the Championship with half the crowd gone.

Can you imagine what the people who are, incredibly, siding with Ashley over the takeover bids would say if that went down?

Guest neesy111

After what Staveley said I’d say it is 50/50 whether Benitez lasts the full day without Ashley sacking him.

What? :lol:

This.

Guest neesy111

If I'm Rafa, I'm calling Fatty up first thing in the morning and tell him to accept the offer or I'm walking, and see how much the club is worth when it's crashing in the Championship with half the crowd gone.

Can you imagine what the people who are, incredibly, siding with Ashley over the takeover bids would say if that went down?

Hopefully it would shut them up from ever speaking on social media etc ever again.

After what Staveley said I’d say it is 50/50 whether Benitez lasts the full day without Ashley sacking him.

This.

If he is pissed and have no intentions of doing a deal with PCP then sacking Rafa is the ultimate fuck you.

It is a completely rational possibility based on the Ashley we know.

Hopefully it would shut them up from ever speaking on social media etc ever again.

They'd just blame Rafa. Morons will be morons.

This.

If he is p*ssed and have no intentions of doing a deal with PCP then sacking Rafa is the ultimate f*** you.

It is a completely rational possibility based on the Ashley we know.

It'd cost him a lot of money, therefore it ain't happening in a million years.

I’m of the view that Ashley had wanted Rafa gone since summer and wanted Allardyce.

The only thing that has stopped Rafa getting the sack is the knowledge that PCP would only buy if Rafa is the manager.

That safety net is gone now.

I’m of the view that Ashley had wanted Rafa gone since summer and wanted Allardyce.

The only thing that has stopped Rafa getting the sack is the knowledge that PCP would only buy if Rafa is the manager.

I'm of the view that you're a mentalist.

So you honestly think Ashley would part with the compo and risk his chance at the PL money (more so than he already is)?

The alleged interest in the club didn't surface til after the summer, no? What stopped him before that, when Allardyce was available?

So you honestly think Ashley would part with the compo and risk his chance at the PL money (more so than he already is)?

The alleged interest in the club didn't surface til after the summer, no? What stopped him before that, when Allardyce was available?

I believe he wanted to force Rafa to resign first.

I also believe that he wasn’t happy with how close the Championship was last year and after walking it with Hughton he doesn’t rate Rafa at all.

But whereas before he was worried about compo he could well be past that.

He is a cornered and wounded animal. He’s lost but he is going to damn well make sure that we all lose too.

Just a question of whether it is today, a few weeks, or he turns the screw on Rafa even further to incite a resignation.

The same Allardyce that he sacked?

And then this summer told Sky that it was the one decision he regretted and how sorry he was.

And then this summer told Sky that it was the one decision he regretted and how sorry he was.

In the same interview he said how amazing Rafa was.