Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Passing up this chance with Rafa is the worst thing Ashley has done yet really. Could have been the making of the club, doubt we’ll be dealing with managers of his calibre again for years.

It's criminal man. Just needed to back him or step aside if he's no longer interested.

If the guy leaves can't see how we ever recover. The calibre of manager likely interested afterwards will be the absolute scum of the earth bottom feeders lookign for a pay day.

Passing up this chance with Rafa is the worst thing Ashley has done yet really. Could have been the making of the club, doubt we’ll be dealing with managers of his calibre again for years.

The fact that this is all going down when we have the best manager we’ll likely have for decades (who succeeded Steve McClaren, was who was given £80 odd million) is absolutely fucking peak Newcastle.

Feels like the end is close, after today, it's been fantastic having this man managing the team we all love. Such a missed opportunity, that's the most depressing aspect for me, Ashley could have repaired a lot of the damage he has done to this club by just backing the man sensibly and letting him get on with rebuilding the team. It wouldn't have taken in relative terms a massive investment. He would easily get that money back in terms of making the club way more saleable, it's just all very sad. Whenever he leaves he will leave with his head held high and have the bulk of our support's true thanks and best wishes.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already sounding out other clubs as we speak.

Aye - the PR games will start from his side now.

Fucking glorious.

Can't wait for the next yes man the fat cunt has got lined up.

Sing this guy’s name for 90 fucking minutes at the next home match. Let that fat cunt know exactly how lucky he is to have a man of Rafa’s stature trying to restore the dignity to this club that he sold down the fucking river.

He won't go anywhere until the season's done. Will be interesting, and probably hilarious to see who the fat c*** replaces him with.

The ironic thing is I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he went back to the guy that was here when Ashley got here, assuming that Everton wise up to what they have. He was always the perfect manager for Ashley's ambitions.

He won't go anywhere until the season's done. Will be interesting, and probably hilarious to see who the fat c*** replaces him with.

The ironic thing is I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he went back to the guy that was here when Ashley got here, assuming that Everton wise up to what they have. He was always the perfect manager for Ashley's ambitions.

Apart from signing 30 year olds for umpteen £millions.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already sounding out other clubs as we speak.

Aye - the PR games will start from his side now.

Fucking glorious.

Can't wait for the next yes man the fat cunt has got lined up.

Steve Bruce or some other bag of fertilizer.

Was great having Rafa, even if only for a short time under a nasty, horrible, narcissistic owner who has twice in one decade relegated a club that has frequently had the 7th highest turnover in the UK and top 20 worldwide when in the Premiership. 

Pardew is the only manager he’s ever liked. That’s where my money would be.

I doubt even Ashley would have the stones to bring that cunt back man. Imagine. :lol:

I give you...Joe Kinnear.

Pardew is the only manager he’s ever liked. That’s where my money would be.

I doubt even Ashley would have the stones to bring that cunt back man. Imagine. :lol:

Yeah he would. What a brilliant shield Pardew would be for all the shit that'd be flying around.

Pardew however, wouldn't be stupid enough to come back.

Oh I disagree, I think he might be off sooner rather than later. I doubt he'd resign, but he'd move to a bigger club who'd happily pay the compensation. I could still see him at Arsenal as I said in the summer, with the pressure growing on Wenger.

And when Rafa goes, that's pretty much me done with NUFC until Ashley dies.

Can’t see him at Arsenal. They want to play a certain way and I don’t think Rafa would suit them, nor would the fans take to him.

That’s not to say I don’t think he’ll leave. It has suddenly become a very real possibility.