Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

A big club will move for rafa soon and this era will be over  :'(

Isn't Arsenal sitting on a half billion "warchest" or summat? Figure they'll cut Le Arse loose a year early and go in for wor Rafa come the summer and let him buy the universe.

Arsenal will be a real worry if they bin Wenger like. To me Rafa looks a very good fit for what they need.

Hopefully they'll be too up themselves to even consider it.

Isn't Arsenal sitting on a half billion "warchest" or summat? Figure they'll cut Le Arse loose a year early and go in for wor Rafa come the summer and let him buy the universe.

Arsenal will be a real worry if they bin Wenger like. To me Rafa looks a very good fit for what they need.

They'll be fine, it's clear for a long time now the team isn't playing for him and tactically they are a mess. At almost any club except ours probably a change would have been made years ago.

Assuming of course they don't replace him with a McClaren equivalent. :lol:

Arsenal are a bigger board room mess then us and there is a huge power struggle going on at board room level.  It's having a massive effect on the whole club, cannot see Rafa wanting to be involved in that after $shley.

Well there goes the theory that he'd walk straight away. More and more likely we've got 18 months left with him I think.

Rafa is staying until the summer atleast. He’ll stay on in the summer for as long as PCP are confident of concluding a deal to buy us.

Well there goes the theory that he'd walk straight away. More and more likely we've got 18 months left with him I think.

Rafa is staying until the summer atleast. He’ll stay on in the summer for as long as PCP are confident of concluding a deal to buy us.

Presumably he's in some sort of contact with Amanda, if he thinks the deal is pivotal on him staying then hopefully he'll stick around to see if it happens at the end of the season, one way or the other, regardless of the league we're in.

... hopefully  :sad:

Presumably he's in some sort of contact with Amanda, if he thinks the deal is pivotal on him staying then hopefully he'll stick around to see if it happens at the end of the season, one way or the other, regardless of the league we're in.

... hopefully  :sad:

If we go down but PCP still buy us then he’ll stay. I’m just not sure PCP would still be interested in us if we went down.

It’s becoming clear that Rafa brought PCP to NUFC, and as long as they are involved with us then Rafa will be here.

Im starting to believe Rafa maybe more involved in this takeover then we're led to believe.

He supposedly approached the club offering his services.. we're a prime candidate for a takeover, just look whats happening to the city.

The Reuben brothers have owned land/buildings in the city for years. Currently there is no real plans for the land they own, apart from one building being turned into hotel and restaurants. Some of the land is being temporarily turned into a box park. As it stands they don’t appear to have a grand vision for their assets in Newcastle city centre.

He's such a brilliant diplomat.

So different to Keegan in that Keegan wore his heart on his sleeve and was so emotive, he couldn't hold his feelings in.

I can imagine that Ashley won't like that he's not getting a public bite out of Rafa.

He's such a brilliant diplomat.

So different to Keegan in that Keegan wore his heart on his sleeve and was so emotive, he couldn't hold his feelings in.

I can imagine that Ashley won't like that he's not getting a public bite out of Rafa.

And politician. I think he sees this as a game of chess, currently he's got Ashley in check; if no signings materialise it'll be Ashley's fault as he's just reiterated in that press conference it's on Ashley, and there'll be a backlash when/if we sign no one.

He's done this shit at Liverpool, Valencia and Real Madrid. Doubt he'll have met as vile a cunt as Ashley, mind.

Except Sky in Britain will be rolling out the red carpet for the fat man after the inevitably deserted transfer window. We'll be told again how we're not Man City, and that the fans expect too much, and Sky pundits will be giving him a back rub.

He's blatantly expecting no signings to materialise mind.

Yep. Absolutely no sense of positivity in his words there at all when talking about transfers.

And politician. I think he sees this as a game of chess, currently he's got Ashley in check; if no signings materialise it'll be Ashley's fault as he's just reiterated in that press conference it's on Ashley, and there'll be a backlash when/if we sign no one.

He's done this shit at Liverpool, Valencia and Real Madrid. Doubt he'll have met as vile a cunt as Ashley, mind.

:thup: Agreed, especially about him stating that he'd talked to Ashley directly and it's now in his hands.

Even though I know in my heart that this is all done and dusted, a tiny part of me wants to believe that Rafa can find a way of fixing it.

Rafa is outstanding at pressers like. Watched the Pepe one after and he seems such an arrogant cunt. I've changed my mind in him in recent weeks like. I think Rafa has basically said "actions speak louder than words. The balls in your court Mr Ashley."

2-3 weeks ago he was letting us all believe it was still on. Can't see why. Love Rafa but it irks me.

There wasn't a peep in the papers or rumour mill around that time and he's supposed to be the great press manipulator. But nothing.

He was hardly going to be the one to breaks the news though was he, better that he's staying out of it currently but is still here.

2-3 weeks ago he was letting us all believe it was still on. Can't see why. Love Rafa but it irks me.

There wasn't a peep in the papers or rumour mill around that time and he's supposed to be the great press manipulator. But nothing.

Wasn't he saying 'Ashley is a smart man' in regards to doing what needs doing this window? If so it sounds like he was saying well we now know its up to you Ashley to stop the club going down.

When asked at his pmpc can he reveal the positions he wants to sign, "No"  :lol:

He said 3 or maybe 4, surley we are looking at GK, ST, Not sure where the other 1 or 2 will be?

Probably a CM and a number 10.  There have been so many experimentations in those areas it suggests he’s not happy with them at all.