Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

His work with us and his communication with the media and fans has the hallmarks of a long-term project. Building on the likes of Lascelles and Merino, I'm sure he desperately wanted to see it out. He'll be as gutted as we are if the takeover fails IMO.

Yeah good point. What could have been.....

Recent Premier League vacancies for clubs in a similar position to us have been filled by Pardew, Carvahal and Lambert. Dread to think what we're going to be saddled with when Rafa goes.

Personally think he'll see out the season then be off in the summer.

He won't go anywhere until the season's done. Will be interesting, and probably hilarious to see who the fat c*** replaces him with.

Oh I disagree, I think he might be off sooner rather than later. I doubt he'd resign, but he'd move to a bigger club who'd happily pay the compensation. I could still see him at Arsenal as I said in the summer, with the pressure growing on Wenger.

And when Rafa goes, that's pretty much me done with NUFC until Ashley dies.

Yeah well I said he'd see out the season, and you said you could see him going to Arsenal in the summer, so I don't really see where the disagreement is.

Guest The Little Waster

Wengers time almost up so its the most obvious destination for Rafa . We will end up with Hughes or Bruce or worse

I doubt Arsenal’s board care about the style of football to be honest they are money men nothing more.

If Rafa can get Arsenal in the champions league every year whilst spending less than the the competition they would jump at it.

Looking at all 20 PL clubs, it's hard to see where else he's going. The top 6 are a no, other teams seem happy with their manager (Burnley, Leicester, Bournemouth, Brighton) or are too small (Huddersfield, Swansea).

Unless Everton or West Ham quickly give up with Allardyce and Moyes, it only really leaves Southampton, Watford (if Silva leaves) and Palace (if Hodgson retires). All quite far from his Liverpool family home.

Wolves are coming up, are a big club, and have plenty of money behind them. They might possibly have an eye on him.

Why would they want rid of Nuno? He'll have been Mendes choice.

I know it's unlikely. Just thinking of options that may be available to Rafa in the next 12 months or so.

Wolves are coming up, are a big club, and have plenty of money behind them. They might possibly have an eye on him.

Why would they want rid of Nuno? He'll have been Mendes choice.

I know it's unlikely. Just thinking of options that may be available to Rafa in the next 12 months or so.

I know, but I cant see Nuno losing that job for at least a few years. He's got the players to attack the top half straight away and he's no mug.

He won't go anywhere until the season's done. Will be interesting, and probably hilarious to see who the fat c*** replaces him with.

Oh I disagree, I think he might be off sooner rather than later. I doubt he'd resign, but he'd move to a bigger club who'd happily pay the compensation. I could still see him at Arsenal as I said in the summer, with the pressure growing on Wenger.

And when Rafa goes, that's pretty much me done with NUFC until Ashley dies.

Yeah well I said he'd see out the season, and you said you could see him going to Arsenal in the summer, so I don't really see where the disagreement is.

Sorry I misworded that on reflection. I meant that I had said previously in the summer just gone that I could see Rafa leaving us for Arsenal.

To me it looks like Rafa's experienced difficulties now in 3 consecutive transfer windows and I don't see him thinking that he's getting the support he wants to carry on his project here. At Arsenal, they've proven they're a patient club and won't easily be swayed by fan pressure, so I think Rafa might view them as a somewhere to do his 'project'.

Can’t see him at Arsenal. They want to play a certain way and I don’t think Rafa would suit them, nor would the fans take to him.

That’s not to say I don’t think he’ll leave. It has suddenly become a very real possibility.

George Graham, from memory, was possibly more defensively minded.

Can’t see him at Arsenal. They want to play a certain way and I don’t think Rafa would suit them, nor would the fans take to him.

That’s not to say I don’t think he’ll leave. It has suddenly become a very real possibility.

George Graham, from memory, was possibly more defensively minded.

"1-0 to the Arsenal"

If he gets asked the correct questions, he will throw doubt about his future. He loves a bit of politics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa has a direct line to Staveley and co, so let's see if he is positive.