Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Haha, hey, I'm a working class drudge living in cold, wintry Greater Toronto Area, this is all I have going for me lunchwise.

Look at me, look at me, living in Toronto, fucking pathetic...

;)

Haha, hey, I'm a working class drudge living in cold, wintry Greater Toronto Area, this is all I have going for me lunchwise.

Look at me, look at me, living in Toronto, fucking pathetic...

;)

:lol: I'd happily be somewhere warm right now.

Not just trophies; what he's already done for the club. Staying on in the Championship to bring us back up when he didn't have to. Bringing fans back from apathy to caring about the club again. Potentially being the centrepiece of a takeover, and seeing out the cancer on this football club that is Mike Ashley. Seeing the potential of this football club and wanting to realise it as a project, even under Ashley.

I doubt someone who called him the "Spanish Tony Pulis" earlier this season would see it in that way though.

Look i like Rafa but im not obsessed with this love in that some on here have for him. The fellas decisions at times are mind boggling and the football we play is absolutely turgid shit. The football on offer for us to watch now is no better than some of the shit Pardew turned out and is a million million miles away from the football we played under Bobby and Keegan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and even though i do think Rafa is a good manager i don't think he's the greatest we've ever had by a long long way. You're 16 or something so i get your praise you've been brought up on shit an no nothing else. So when someone like him comes along you get giddy, if you'd seen the football we played in the 90s and early 2000s you'd probably have pissed your pants with excitement from the way you go on here at times about Rafa

Not just trophies; what he's already done for the club. Staying on in the Championship to bring us back up when he didn't have to. Bringing fans back from apathy to caring about the club again. Potentially being the centrepiece of a takeover, and seeing out the cancer on this football club that is Mike Ashley. Seeing the potential of this football club and wanting to realise it as a project, even under Ashley.

I doubt someone who called him the "Spanish Tony Pulis" earlier this season would see it in that way though.

Look i like Rafa but im not obsessed with this love in that some on here have for him. The fellas decisions at times are mind boggling and the football we play is absolutely turgid shit. The football on offer for us to watch now is no better than some of the shit Pardew turned out and is a million million miles away from the football we played under Bobby and Keegan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and even though i do think Rafa is a good manager i don't think he's the greatest we've ever had by a long long way. You're 16 or something so i get your praise you've been brought up on shit an no nothing else. So when someone like him comes along you get giddy, if you'd seen the football we played in the 90s and early 2000s you'd probably have pissed your pants with excitement from the way you go on here at times about Rafa

Sounds like I'm of a similar age to you, was there in the prime Keegan and Robson years, and imo Rafa is almost up there with them now given the context of his status vs. our status when he joined and the way he's galvanised the club surrounded by this Ashley austerity fog.

Keegan and Robson did amazing jobs but they had boards who wanted them to succeed and actively tried to help them. Rafa is battling the opposite to this and could walk to a top job tomorrow, we all know he could.

Sounds like I'm of a similar age to you, was there in the prime Keegan and Robson years, and imo Rafa is almost up there with them now given the context of his status vs. our status when he joined and the way he's galvanised the club surrounded by this Ashley austerity fog.

Keegan and Robson did amazing jobs but they had boards who wanted them to succeed and actively tried to help them. Rafa is battling the opposite to this and could walk to a top job tomorrow, we all know he could.

I was 18 when Keegan came in to save us from Division 3 and the next 4 to 5 years was the best I've ever had as a fan of Newcastle we really were imo the best team in the land. We may not have won anything but we played better football than Man United did. Robson years were a rebirth and a bit of hope after Dalglish and Gullit ripped up KKs team. I do think Robson was the better manager though as he turned average players into a damn good team we played champions league football with O Brien,Bramble,Hughes and Andy Griffin for christ sake. I genuinely believe that if Bobby had Keegans team we would have pissed that division by a record margin as good as KK was he was not in the same league tactically as Robson was

As for Rafa walking to a top club tomorrow im curious as to which top club you think this would be

I was 18 when Keegan came in to save us from Division 3 and the next 4 to 5 years was the best I've ever had as a fan of Newcastle we really were imo the best team in the land. We may not have won anything but we played better football than Man United did. Robson years were a rebirth and a bit of hope after Dalglish and Gullit ripped up KKs team. I do think Robson was the better manager though as he turned average players into a damn good team we played champions league football with O Brien,Bramble,Hughes and Andy Griffin for christ sake. I genuinely believe that if Bobby had Keegans team we would have pissed that division by a record margin as good as KK was he was not in the same league tactically as Robson was

As for Rafa walking to a top club tomorrow im curious as to which top club you think this would be

I was 15 when Keegan took over.

As for the Rafa job question he was fucking Real Madrid manager before us, Napoli before that and Inter before that. FFS [emoji38]

It's very common knowledge he's knocked back loads of offers to stay in England with his family for a long term project.

Honestly that question has made me borderline angry, like we've just picked up fucking Pardew or something.

Honestly man.

You can keep saying stuff like this but what top club is going to hire him? You mention his last three jobs being big clubs but he failed miserably at two of those clubs (didn't get a chance to put his stamp on the team at either) and another relegation or even a bottom half finish isn't going to get him a top job. Although, it depends what you mean by a "top club" as was previously said. Liverpool is the only one I could see, if Klopp left for some reason but that isn't happening either.

Honestly man.

You can keep saying stuff like this but what top club is going to hire him? You mention his last three jobs being big clubs but he failed miserably at two of those clubs (didn't get a chance to put his stamp on the team at either) and another relegation or even a bottom half finish isn't going to get him a top job. Although, it depends what you mean by a "top club" as was previously said. Liverpool is the only one I could see, if Klopp left for some reason but that isn't happening either.

Could see him getting a job a team like BvB, Atletico, Milan, that sort of level of "top team".

Honestly man.

Could see him getting a job a team like BvB, Atletico, Milan, that sort of level of "top team".

Don't think he'd fit in with Dortmund's philosophy. Atletico isn't a bad shout although Simeone signed a new contract a few months ago. Milan could be a decent shout too but that's a major rebuilding job

Guest firetotheworks

Deadly serious, why are you bothered what job he walks into?

Probably just a vindication of sorts for the argument that he's currently doing very well despite our position, because the wider world of football still appreciates his worth.

Honestly man.

Don't think he'd fit in with Dortmund's philosophy. Atletico isn't a bad shout although Simeone signed a new contract a few months ago. Milan could be a decent shout too but that's a major rebuilding job

ok then triggs, considering that we are literally the worst club on his senior CV right after he'd been thrown out of Real Madrid what do you think is his level?

This brilliant, poor bastard must feel like he’s trying to push a boulder up Escher’s stairs in attempting to move this club forward. Just a never ending, constant struggle where the owner of the club he’s trying to improve is actively providing nothing but opposition and hinderance. The refusal to invest the money the club is guaranteed to get at the end of the season is backward, retarded and borderline sadistic. It’s all compounded by the fact his spin machine is convincing people he’s doing over and above what he should be reasonably expected to.

Worst thing is I’m neither surprised nor angry any longer, this is where we are, this is us until he decides he’s had enough. I’m also absolutely convinced Benitez thinks exactly the same.

Honestly man.

ok then triggs, considering that we are literally the worst club on his senior CV right after he'd been thrown out of Real Madrid what do you think is his level?

Basically teams below the top tier with potential to grow, maybe Sevilla, Valencia or Milan or something like that. In England it would be the likes of Everton or West Ham unless Klopp leaves for some reason

Honestly man.

Basically teams below the top tier with potential to grow, maybe Sevilla, Valencia or Milan or something like that. In England it would be the likes of Everton or West Ham unless Klopp leaves for some reason

Wasn't the conjecture that he'd walk into a top job? You've named loads of top jobs.

Honestly man.

Wasn't the conjecture that he'd walk into a top job? You've named loads of top jobs.

I wouldn't class those as top jobs personally

Honestly man.

I wouldn't class those as top jobs personally

Wew, ok.