Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Gamez has just begun reading it, Moreno is getting close to the end and Rafa has finished and his cheeks are burning with modest pride.

The best banner to ever grace St. James' Park.

Not Gamez  man :lol:

Gamez has just begun reading it, Moreno is getting close to the end and Rafa has finished and his cheeks are burning with modest pride.

I've been confused ever since he mentioned it was Gamez :lol: That is NOT Gamez, right?

I didn't believe you but I looked again and it looks nowt like him. Who is it?

I didn't believe you but I looked again and it looks nowt like him. Who is it?

Cristian Fernández Martínez.

Don't know why but I f***ing love his glasses off, into top pocket, shake the opposition manager routine he has. :smitten:

When he was first appointed here, this was the first image that flashed into my mind. There's something really reassuring about this little routine - as if to say "right, this one's done - onto the next one".

He has improved pretty much every player we have bought since the start of last season plus Lascelles and Shelvey.

In terms of Focus, Consistency, Discipline, Team Ethic everything has been massively improved in 18 months compared to the utter shambles we were previously. We can actually defend and even though I would like to see more going forward it's a solid base to start from.

I no longer feel a team will hammer us completely.

I no longer feel a team will hammer us completely.

The performance against Liverpool was as good as we could expect given the players we have, but I'm taking it that I'm one of the few who felt like they could have scored 4 or 5 if they actually finished a bit better? Salah especially seemed to be constantly running into acres of space to exploit. Alot of their shooting on the day was straight at Elliott, or we had somewhat fortunate goal-line clearances.

Don't have much a point to this mind, beyond saying that I don't think we're quite as solid defensively as many seem to think and that we'll most likely get a couple of pastings this season by teams less forgiving in front of goal.