Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

When we are looking for a replacement for Rafa when he leaves, if we have a poll I vote we call it the Pardometer!

Pardoo's Presser..... Return of 'The King'.

"In all onasteee there woz only man who woz capable of luring me out of retirement, and that was Mike and he's dunnalot for this club and the city. The supporters need to appreciate this"

...... goes on to answer questions about interest in the club captain, Jamaal Lascelles, declaring "how tough it will be to reject offers, from the likes of Everton & West Ham (who are much bigger clubs than us)"

^^^^^ Removes tongue from cheek.

I'm amazed Charnley doesn't get as much s*** as Ashley to be honest. This odious absolutely incompetent yes man is as complicit in this mess as much as the fat man. He's way out of his depth at challenging, putting forward any case and absolutely inept at negotiating or concluding any business matters I absolutely hate the little cretin. Once all this is done the little piece of slimy brown nosing s*** will be lucky to get a job cleaning the shithouses at mcdonalds

He's probably too busy cleaning the SJP toilets to do any transfer stuff to be fair.

As much as I'm mega pissed off with lack of funds for Rafa, I still think a full season of Dúbravka and Kenedy in the squad, and with Rafa continuing to improve our players, will yield the same or slightly better than last years finishing spot. He's that fucking good of a manager. It's what makes Ashley such a cunt, he knows he's cushy number in Rafa and therefore doesn't need to spend to keep in line with his sick plan to just keep us ticking over in this league.  :jesuswept:

If someone offered us £200k a year to be chairman of NUFC even if we were under qualified and it was relatively low in comparison with other clubs, we’d snap it up in a heartbeat. He’s hardly odious man, just poor at his job.

He's totally odious you just have to look at the creep in the stands he's as complicit as Ashley in all of this in my opinion. If my VP gave me a directive and I didn't think it was in the best interests of the business or offered no continuous improvement value then I would challenge it and put forward my thoughts. This creepy slimy little shitbag will be all yes mike no mike I agree mike. He's a glorified secretary and ticket office clerk who now finds himself managing director of a seriously high profile business and he's one who is so scared of losing his job as very much like all of us he knows he will never get a position like that again. His piss poor salary (compared to others in his position) reflects how seriously underqualified and capable of the role he actually is

Don't get how he gets a free pass to be fair the Bastard should be hung out to dry like Ashley

The prospect of pulling in a loan fee (from the Spanish FA, had Rafa managed them at the tourney) followed by the compo money (had Rafa got the taste for the international game, and left a year early) in two quick hits must have been mighty appealing to Ashley.

From the Mail:

"Rafa Benitez would prefer to keep Ritchie at St James’ Park and will only sanction a move should a replacement be in place. However, a clear rift over United’s transfer policy this summer means the Spaniard does not trust the club to bring in the right cover.".

From the Mail:

"Rafa Benitez would prefer to keep Ritchie at St James’ Park and will only sanction a move should a replacement be in place. However, a clear rift over United’s transfer policy this summer means the Spaniard does not trust the club to bring in the right cover.".

KK all over again.

Guest chopey

What the fuck is Rafa still doing here working for these fucking idiots ? I can't believe he's just going through the motions until his contract clause runs out.

What the fuck is Rafa still doing here working for these fucking idiots ? I can't believe he's just going through the motions until his contract clause runs out.

Might aswell - gets £5m a year, plus his staff stay in a job too

He walks out he'll get sued by the club for breach of contract. He's doing the right thing running it down.

Among so many other ownership and club hierachy faults, I feel like there is just basic lack of communication and ergo respect being shown to Rafa. Complete conjecture but I don't think he is getting kept in the loop with what is going on behind the scenes for transfers. Thats what I took from his last quotes.

Either way it is astonshing he is still with us. I know he is hoping Ashley caves and sells the club, ironically he likely will at half the current asking price once rafa is gone and the club return to the championship.

I am thinking we get Curbishly this next season. Maybe a tad too young an innovative for Ashley, but the FCB will make it worth his time. In Ashley's mind, Curbs has only been out of the game around a decade and has never set foot outside of London: Perfect.

Hence why he should be running his mouth at this point. Then they can sack him with a nice pay-off, and then he can sue them for making it difficult for him to do his job.

The transfer window is still open for another three weeks yet, you would imagine the closer it gets to closing, the more hostile his quotes will get. He's never going to be the type to say anything which could be construed as slander, going off his previous clubs, he's more than capable of getting his message across though.

Guest ElCid

He walks out he'll get sued by the club for breach of contract. He's doing the right thing running it down.

He should walk out and then take them for constructive dismissal  like Keegan did

He should walk out and then take them for constructive dismissal  like Keegan did

Has far more public grounds and evidence of promises not kept. As highlighted in the Ashley thread a decent article from the chronicle for once https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/contradictions-heart-mike-ashleys-newcastle-14928479

Hence why he should be running his mouth at this point. Then they can sack him with a nice pay-off, and then he can sue them for making it difficult for him to do his job.

You don't get a pay-off if you're sacked for gross misconduct. Running your mouth off about your boss is gross misconduct.

Rafa is doing absolutely the right thing by keeping quiet and saying nothing.

You don't get a pay-off if you're sacked for gross misconduct. Running your mouth off about your boss is gross misconduct.

Rafa is doing absolutely the right thing by keeping quiet and saying nothing.

Rafa has no issues mouthing of on owners at the right time if he feels that the situation is not salvageable. I don't think he cares too much about pay-off. He has never made money an issue in his career.

The reason he has not gone fully ballistic as bad the situation is now, he can still make it work due to the confidence in his ability to turn lead into gold or a possible potential takeover sometime in the future.

If he feels that there is no chance whatsoever, he will go for a full frontal attack on Mike in the press conference. He has too much professional integrity to continue coaching and try to hang on to a job.

He may also be holding back as he does not want to disrupt the mood of the squad especially some of the younger ones.