Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest neesy111

With what everyone else spent last summer we've done amazingly well to get anywhere near last years total.

Yeap and the start we had

They’ll absolutely try to call his bluff. They’re that ignorant/obstinate

agreed, think it would have been done by now if they were going to bother

good news is that we already know in advance that next season is utterly fucked because they'll drag it out until June, by which time even assuming they manage to secure another decent manager to work under the restrictions there will be "no time" to get the deals done so we'll start next season with the same squad or any deals we do get done will be late and the start of the season will be fucked at the very least

good times

Yeah I don't know why Rafa would drag it out, knowing the coalition of absolute arseholes he's been working with.

Announce early so he can immediately move on to something else with time to think+plan+buy in the summer.

It also gives whatever hopeless shrub they replace him with a lot more time to let the realization of the shitfest they've walked into settle in before the season starts.

It's difficult to imagine why Rafa is even considering for a second to continue at the club. He knows how Ashley and the thumb run the club, nothing is substantially going to change. He should just announce they have failed to come to an agreement and get himself another job.

This would actually really annoy me. The club would be all "We tried, but PSG" and many would lap it up. I want to see Rafa announce he'd rather sit on the dole than work for these chumps, rather than have them claim he was lured away by the untold riches of a sovereign state.

(Once he's done a month on the dole as a statement of intent, as per the above, I'd love to see him get a shot at PSG)

Guest covmag

My decision not to renew is regardless of him staying, fwiw I can't see it happening now but either way the man deserved better.I will come to the Liverpool  match to say thanks for being an honerable bloke and leave St.James pretty much forever for me or  until Ashley goes.Rafa staying was the only reason I still watch them.

If he goes we should all start following a lower league club.

Within 12 months we would be anyway.

:lol:  aye, imagine this squad of players minus rondon with another manager in the PL

can't someone sit down and put it to ashley like that ffs, he'll have to spend a fucking fortune to keep us up under another manager like

If Rafa goes I think I will be done. He's been my only hope of us doing anything positive, and Ashley has done what he can to stifle that. We won't replace him with anyone anywhere near his quality level.

I think I’ll have to give up on football entirely TBH, except maybe non-league. So not too bothered where he goes.

That's how I feel to an extent. If the predictable happens and they let Rafa go it's back to the viewpoint when Pardew was there. I'll look out for the results but absolutely no intention of going back to St James while Ashley is there. He will have stated clearly that he refuses to change and has absolutely no respect for the city and fans. I honestly cannot see the point of putting the effort into supporting the club if a puppet manager is installed. Each to their own though I guess.

Ashley clearly playing the waiting game to either bin Rafa off or just stay silent until he's gone. There will be no backlash because there will be no games left and 30k will sign up for whatever deadbeat is in the managers chair next season.

I'll be out once Rafa leaves, can't put myself through another Pardew situation, life's too short ffs.