Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If Rafa supposedly turned down Marseilles and Roma, he’s not going to Celtic

I’d just give up on football if this happened.

The fact that their last manager couldn’t wait to jump at the chance of a club looking in around 6th to 10th speaks volumes.

If Rafa supposedly turned down Marseilles and Roma, he’s not going to Celtic

You would think he would at least talk to Roma and Marseille if he was willing to talk to Celtic :lol:

Italian and French press both say he refused to talk to them.

Your signature :lol:

Fuck sake I saw an article on 90min.com or some shit saying Benítez wanted assurances in his contract of £100m to spend. I dismissed it as bullshit. The chronicle have only went and wrote an article about it. What a rag

Predicting the bookies favourites in no particular order. :lol:

But you seem to think “Potter Ball” and Bournemouth will give everyone a football lesson next season just like Fulham fans thought Jokanovic would come and show us how football should be played :lol:

Do you want £100 if either finish 10th or above next season?

I say 10th becuase Rafa got that first season up with one of the lowest net spends :coolsmiley:

I think that? This post is the first time I've ever posted about Graham Potter. :lol: I have literally no opinion on the guy whatsoever.

I think rafa will be gone by Monday. Was weirdly confident at the start but it’s dragging on

I feel the same way. I thought maybe if it dragged on for 3 or 4 days after the meeting they had last Thursday it was promising, but with it likely to go on for another 10 days at least I just can't see him staying now. Benitez set out his demands last March and made them clear last Thursday a compromise should have been agreed by now if talks were going well.

I'm just finding this wait bizarre now, Rafa will have wanted it sorted ASAP to get signings done etc, yet if something was up you'd have thought we would of heard by now.  :harry:

It's not that long a wait tbh. His contract is up at the end of next month, I would imagine the closer it gets to the date he will have a fair idea if he's being strung along or not. I can't see him wanting another season like the last two, so Ashley will have to show something to convince him it's worthwhile hanging around for another season. Rafa has made it clear enough what it will take.

Guest covmag

This is what I meant by Ashley stringing this out on purpose.

Either way theres less time for anyone to spend his money,while all those around us make their moves.

Its classic Ashley and co

Predicting the bookies favourites in no particular order. :lol:

But you seem to think “Potter Ball” and Bournemouth will give everyone a football lesson next season just like Fulham fans thought Jokanovic would come and show us how football should be played :lol:

Do you want £100 if either finish 10th or above next season?

I say 10th becuase Rafa got that first season up with one of the lowest net spends :coolsmiley:

I think that? This post is the first time I've ever posted about Graham Potter. :lol: I have literally no opinion on the guy whatsoever.

:lol: