Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

As if we’d spend a net £72m this summer :lol:

It's not about the figure anyway. It's whether Ashley will give Rafa full control of transfers and allow him to buy players with no sell-on value.

Which the article doesn't address.

My take: Considering it's Sunday, I also wouldn't be surprised if it goes into next week.

He said it on Friday on a podcast tbf, it’s just been picked up today

He's tweeted that he hadn't said anything, in that podcast, which is new.

Which is bollocks. Feels like he was just spouting off with out any real info to me.

Keith Downie will never live this down if he's got this spectacularly wrong. Does sound positive but I'm sick of waiting.

He wont.

He'll just say he was passing on information from his sources.

Guest covmag

Rafa would have an indication that this would be bollocks and would have fucked off it all by now, i think he will carry on, 3 year deal and it will be next week.

i'm believing 99% now :smitten:

RAFA

Glad to be hearing that things are supposedly on the right lines but there's still plenty of time for it to veer horribly and irreparably off course.

Turning down the likes of Roma, Marseille and Betis is what gives me the most optimism that he'll stay.

For me the longer it goes on the better, I feel it just means they are sorting out the details of the deal. Whereas if it had all broken down we would hear pretty quickly or maybe im just being too optimistic

For me the longer it goes on the better, I feel it just means they are sorting out the details of the deal. Whereas if it had all broken down we would hear pretty quickly or maybe im just being too optimistic

On transfers Rafa Benitez said he wants to things quickly and the right way.. meanwhile Ashley delays things yet again and stops us from doing anything.

Rafa might still sign.. but Ashley has took the piss again.

This. Especially given that Rafa has apparently been turning down talks with other clubs

On transfers Rafa Benitez said he wants to things quickly and the right way.. meanwhile Ashley delays things yet again and stops us from doing anything.

Rafa might still sign.. but Ashley has took the piss again.

I agree with this, I meant just on the Rafa staying front to be honest, which to me is 100% the most important signing this summer, so if it takes slightly longer then so be it. At a normal club he would have signed right after the last game and got straight to business strengthening the side over the summer, but this is Newcastle