Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Ash knows the importance of Rafa to the club & wants to keep him otherwise he wouldn't have offered him a contract. The deal on offer is a good one & a realistic one. If Rafa's contact expires as much as I'd like to we can't blame Ashley forcing him out.

The deal on offer is the status quo. Rafa is not happy with the status quo and neither should we be. Starting every season under cooked due to last minute signings. Ending each season needing to spend a significant amount of money just to maintain what you had, let alone improve (due signings key players on loan), is no way to run a club in the long term. Transfers taking weeks or months to get over the line, missing out on key time for the player with Rafa and the group. The lack of investment in faciltiies and the training ground. I could go on.

If he leaves it is because this verion of Newcastle United has no ambition other than to attempt to stay in the Premier League to maintain SD advertising. It has no ambition for betterment and improvement. This is entirely on Ashley.

Ash knows the importance of Rafa to the club & wants to keep him otherwise he wouldn't have offered him a contract. The deal on offer is a good one & a realistic one. If Rafa's contact expires as much as I'd like to we can't blame Ashley forcing him out.

:lol: ok

Dear god  :lol:

I have spoke to plenty of people like this as well, there is no getting through to them, thats why it is vital Rafa comes out and lets these type of people know the score if he leaves

The status quo is not perfect nor is it acceptable but at least Rafa is fighting our cause. Rafa has total control of the coaching setup and final say on who comes & goes. It's a good offer & like it or not Ashley has made an effort to keep him.

The status quo is not perfect nor is it acceptable but at least Rafa is fighting our cause. Rafa has total control of the coaching setup and final say on who comes & goes. It's a good offer & like it or not Ashley has made an effort to keep him.

"There's £50m, plus the £20m from Gayle. The money's all yours".

"Ok thanks, I'd like to use £16.5m to sign Rondon please".

"No, he's too old sorry, he has to be under 26".

"See you later".

:lol:

Except he doesn't, our transfer activity proves that.  They might not sign players he doesn't want, but they sure as fuck aren't signing his first choices either.

"There's £50m, plus the £20m from Gayle. The money's all yours".

"Ok thanks, I'd like to use £16.5m to sign Rondon please".

"No, he's too old sorry, he has to be under 26".

"See you later".

The offer includes exceptions to the u26 rule, hopefully Rondon will be one.

You can't deduct five years wages from one years budget

http://cdn.extra.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Mike-Ashley.jpg

Only at Mike Ashley's NUFC.

Which other fucking club operates in this way man FFS?

Except he doesn't, our transfer activity proves that.  They might not sign players he doesn't want, but they sure as f*** aren't signing his first choices either.

He may never get his first choice but no player comes or goes without Rafa's approval.

Except he doesn't, our transfer activity proves that.  They might not sign players he doesn't want, but they sure as f*** aren't signing his first choices either.

He may never get his first choice but no player comes or goes without Rafa's approval.

I think you really need to google the definition of "full control"

How do you even know what he’s been offered anyway?

Stop it Keith

Afternoon Lee

I think you really need to google the definition of "full control"

I never said "full control"

10 years ago Ashley met Shearer for contract talks where out of the blue he said "I'm selling up". Then stories came out in the media that he wanted to keep Shearer, but he also leaked details of wage demands etc to the press while never getting back to Shearer. He didn't sell the club.

This summer he met Rafa for contract talks where we don't yet know what he said, then the takeover rumours start up, then someone leaked to Sky that Rafa was heading to the training ground the other week. Will he sell this time?

Eerily familiar pattern forming here.

Give your head a wobble, man. Deary me.

10 years ago Ashley met Shearer for contract talks where out of the blue he said "I'm selling up". Then stories came out in the media that he wanted to keep Shearer, but he also leaked details of wage demands etc to the press while never getting back to Shearer. He didn't sell the club.

This summer he met Rafa for contract talks where we don't yet know what he said, then the takeover rumours start up, then someone leaked to Sky that Rafa was heading to the training ground the other week. Will he sell this time?

Eerily familiar pattern forming here.

Nothing has come from Ashley saying he’s selling the club this time has it?