Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

What I’ll hate the most will be the revisionist history that gets written about Rafa’s time here. “He *only* managed to get them 10th.” “His W-L record was subpar.” “Spent too much money on guff.” It’ll be complete and utter bullshit all of it and it’s going to be the narrative going forward.

Was on Sky earlier that only 3 of the 20-odd players he bought cost over £10m.  In 2019, with these prices.

Ant and Dec are spot-on ( :lol: )

Another pathetic thing on the back of the Luke Edwards interview: If communications have broken down, he isn't looking like he's going to sign or talk to them further and his camp hasn't anticipated it will go public why on earth have the club brought this to the media if they don't even have a shortlist for his replacement. What awful crisis management as well as every other aspect of the club. If things are this shit at least try and have some sort of plan in place.

Good point. They have declined to comment on everything lately, so why the official confirmation now whilst they could have worked on some kind of plan for a week in relative peace and quiet. Together with the “and will not be” from the statement it smacks of Ashley pulling the plug in a huff at Rafa not moving from his demands. And rightly so. Hope they pannick and appoint some hopeless donkey and end up understanding how special Rafa was for keeping us up with relative ease on a shoestring budget. Fully expect Ashley to pull the plug on any takeover too, the little vindicative cunt.

Can't see it mentioned yet but this in the club statement p*ssed me off:

"We would like to thank Rafa and his coaching team for their efforts over the last three years and their significant contribution to what has been collectively achieved."

More "Please give us credit for doing the absolute bare imaginable minimum" bullshit from the club.

Our (modest) achievements over the last few years have been despite the club, not because of it.  No collective about it.  f*** off.

.com highlighted that bit as well and put “??” next to it. Shameless fat pigs, this lot.

Guest chopey

I am so proud of Rafa telling the club to get f***ed like :lol:

Legend.

I think it was Ashley he was telling to get fucked I've no doubt he will come out over the next few days in support of the club

George Caulkin

The sadness is that Newcastle had something profound in their grip, but never truly appreciated what Benitez meant: better. And, a minor, telling detail ... I’m told Rafa was given no prior warning today’s statement was coming.

Hahaaa didn’t even have the decency to tell Rafa the statement was coming :spit:

I know a lot dont like him but I agree with everything he says here.

EVERY NUFC supporter should listen to this. Cry, weep, pull your hair out but never, ever give money or support in any shape or form Ashley or his minions. He is 100% Bang on in everything he says.

RIP NUFC.

This is absolutely heartbreaking news. Clearly not enough was done to keep Rafa, the man who brought hope and pride back into the football club (and arguably the city).

Unless there's a dramatic turn of events in the next 6 days, Newcastle United Football Club are officially dead to me.

What's everyone laughing at? He did a great job with Bahrain.

Bahrain, guys, Bahrain. OK so he fucked things up in a real job in a piss poor league but that doesn't erase the good work he did with the mighty New fucking Zealand.

What the hell is this shit? :lol:

George Caulkin

@GeorgeCaulkin

The sadness is that Newcastle had something profound in their grip, but never truly appreciated what Benitez meant: better. And, a minor, telling detail ... I’m told Rafa was given no prior warning today’s statement was coming.

Fuckin desperate when you think just a few weeks ago we were laughing at Sunderland losing the play off final and that night we had reports of a takeover being done and fast forward to this shit

Bahrain, guys, Bahrain. OK so he fucked things up in a real job in a piss poor league but that doesn't erase the good work he did with the mighty New fucking Zealand.

:lol: Yep

:lol: We're in one of my FM saves, I think.

3rd place without scoring a goal in the whole cup is some effort tbf - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_WAFF_Championship

Get him in. Pards can assist.