Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Yep, blatantly clear now that at very least they wanted him distracted from summer transfers. Alternatively, they probably hoped he'd do well and either be poached permanently by Spain, or want to/ask to leave to do the job.

Either way, its just more proof that despite what the club (or Charnley) says, Ashley wants rid of Rafa, but (seemingly) can't or won't wont sack him.

Suppose he hasn't done a bad enough job to justify a sacking, but is making their life difficult, and won't just sit and accept things like his predecessors have done.

Guest reefatoon

Really hope Rafa wins a trophy this year before he leaves. Will just add to the hatred towards the bastards when he leaves. Would cause maximum carnage i would hope.

Most people I know believe Rubiales has made that up because "no club would ever do that". Poor innocent souls. :lol:

Most clubs are usually dead set against their manager doing the national job part time because they argue all their attention should be focused on the club. All that really tells you is that Ashley wants Rafa gone.

It's going to be a weird end of season if Rafa still hasn't signed an extension. Same situation as going into the Spurs game in our relegation season, but possibly an entirely different atmosphere.

I know I'll want him to stay, but I don't think I'll be voicing it too loudly.

Maybe a song from Sting, to mark the occasion.

Really hope Rafa wins a trophy this year before he leaves. Will just add to the hatred towards the bastards when he leaves. Would cause maximum carnage i would hope.

Well yeah. Also means you, you know, win a trophy :lol:.

The desperation on display, on our part  :lol: to eradicate a thorn in Sports Direct United's side (who has called out SD United's lack of professionalism) and pocket some cash too ie. loan fee for the WC (?) and the compensation payout on top of that (if Rafa develops an appetite for tournament football, and the Spanish FA wanted him to oversee their Euro campaign).

Ashley is an absolute chancer. What a pathetic club.

Guest reefatoon

Well yeah. Also means you, you know, win a trophy :lol:.

:lol: Well of course.  Was more meaning going from the euphoria of that to the carnage of Rafa leaving. Could be what helps oust the fat bastard.

Guest reefatoon

What I love about this story is Spain sack their manager with the WC starting the next day and Newcastle send a letter to Spain. A letter

2nd class.