Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

For the first time in two-and-a-half years at the club Benitez has found himself questioned by supporters and media in recent weeks.

Substitutions have been booed while there have been suggestions that the manager's future is a distraction to those inside the dressing-room, especially if they believe he will walk out next year. Benitez, though, says the players appreciate his situation.

'I know a lot of the players closely and, when we talk, they understand,' he said. 'It would be an issue if they could see me and my staff not doing our job. But we are here at 7.30 in the morning and leave 7.30 at night... We are trying to do things in the same way we were last year.

'I have to be calm and I have to believe because we have done this before.. We (me and my staff) have been successful for years.

'When I came, I decided to come because of the potential of the club, the city behind it. I felt it would be a team fighting to be in the top eight. I still believe that, if we do the right things.

I think thats why the Ifrafagoeswego movement appealed to me so much, for the simple reason that if Rafa feels all is lost and Ashley wont invest our money then its time to hang up my scarf until Ashley goes.

Guest reefatoon

And then Carr can come back and we can get on with filling the squad up with rubbish French tat again. Ashley’s dream.

The only difference to when Carr was here to now is we buy tat that's from all over. :lol: It's usually not as talented anymore either.

Obviously not defending the policy before anyone jumps. I just think Carr did find some good players despite having his hands tied.

The only difference to when Carr was here to now is we buy tat that's from all over. :lol: It's usually not as talented anymore either.

Obviously not defending the policy before anyone jumps. I just think Carr did find some good players despite having his hands tied.

Carr did a great job, shouldn't have got rid of him

He's struggling isn't he....

Big time to be honest after winning 1 of his last 16 and his team not scoring in an awful lot of them games most managers would have been sacked by now. As much as hes working with massive restraints I cant help but think fat sam would get more from this squad than he is at the moment

I feel dirty for thinking that though

Big time to be honest after winning 1 of his last 16 and his team not scoring in an awful lot of them games most managers would have been sacked by now. As much as hes working with massive restraints I cant help but think fat sam would get more from this squad than he is at the moment

Mmmmm, not so sure about that mind......Big Sam's modus operandi is usually coming in and shoring up a leaky defence then pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the transfer window. His expensively assembled Everton side were notoriously shot shy as well, so I'm not sure where the goals would come from with him in charge either.

Unless Rondon can get match fit and start to contribute in the next half a dozen games, we're going to be a lost cause by the time the January window opens, and I think Ashley will keep the money for our 19-20 Champo push.

All so avoidable. All so Ashley.

Carr did a great job, shouldn't have got rid of him

he was massively over criticized

Was never going to work Carr and Benitez fighting each other - if I remember right there were reports Carr did not agree with Benitez choices in the Championship as he thought we were buying players only to get up and not for the future.

I can't think of any manager that could come in and improve on this tbh. As Bingo says, you normally get a firefighter in who battens down the hatches, gets the team to defend well and nick a few wins. We're already keeping goals to a minimum. We don't physically have the players capable to score goals. Getting Allardayce or someone of his ilk in won't change that.

Mmmmm, not so sure about that mind......Big Sam's modus operandi is usually coming in and shoring up a leaky defence then pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the transfer window. His expensively assembled Everton side were notoriously shot shy as well, so I'm not sure where the goals would come from with him in charge either.

Unless Rondon can get match fit and start to contribute in the next half a dozen games, we're going to be a lost cause by the time the January window opens, and I think Ashley will keep the money for our 19-20 Champo push.

All so avoidable. All so Ashley.

As I said in another post I honestly think Ashley feels we are down already so your point there is valid and it means he saves money by not paying Benitez off also at the same time.

I can't think of any manager that could come in and improve on this tbh. As Bingo says, you normally get a firefighter in who battens down the hatches, gets the team to defend well and nick a few wins. We're already keeping goals to a minimum. We don't physically have the players capable to score goals. Getting Allardayce or someone of his ilk in won't change that.

You maybe right in what you say but no other Chairman would keep a manager with a record of one win in the last 16 games which imho means that Ashley is keeping his powder dry for the Championship next year.

You maybe right in what you say but no other Chairman would keep a manager with a record of one win in the last 16 games which imho means that Ashley is keeping his powder dry for the Championship next year.

:thup: Fair feeling. I posted my feelings on Rafa not getting sacked in the Ashley thread and the above was more just a follow up on geordiedean's thought that Allardayce would get more out of this team.

Doesn't look like Rafa is to happy with the idea of the Wolves boycott

Fuck him at certain times things need to be done for the greater good. Rafa is gone in 7 months time and unless we act the fat cunt will be here long after that. No one is bigger than the club and that includes Rafa

Id be happy to see a complete empty stadium like the San Siro was the other week it will send a huge message

Doesn't look like Rafa is to happy with the idea of the Wolves boycott

Guess it's a good thing it's more The Magpie Group than If Rafa Goes We Go these days. Probably would be a bit more awkward otherwise. :lol:

What's he said about it? Surprised tbf: would've thought he'd give a bit of a diplomatic 'if that's what they think is right' kind of answer.