Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

About to sign a 5 year deal, apparently.

That for me would be the only thing which would make me stop efforts to get Ashley out*. I trust that if Rafa did sign a new contract, he'd been given enough cast-iron assurances regarding the future direction of the club and I'd be happy to see how that played out for a while at least.

* at least temporarily!

He'a already been fooled once by Ashley, what makes you think this time around he wouldn't be fucked over again?

this, fucking hell man stop falling for it  :embarrassed:

until Ashley goes things will NEVER change

Rafa would get more respect telling him to just fuck off you fat bastard  :dave:

About to sign a 5 year deal, apparently.

That for me would be the only thing which would make me stop efforts to get Ashley out*. I trust that if Rafa did sign a new contract, he'd been given enough cast-iron assurances regarding the future direction of the club and I'd be happy to see how that played out for a while at least.

* at least temporarily!

Nah, too much water under the bridge now.

I would be more relaxed about things, until Ashley fucked him over again, but I’d still be fully focused on getting him out.

He'a already been fooled once by Ashley, what makes you think this time around he wouldn't be fucked over again?

I don't think for a single moment that Rafa will sign a new contract. Why would he? And news that he might, or is considering it, would not be enough for me because it's meaningless and because Keith Bishop. My thoughts change not one iota on speculation.

But if Rafa signed - actually signed - a new contract, then yes. I'd have to trust that he had good reasons for doing so. Again, I don't think for a second this will happen. It's just an "if", because Rafa would have to be mad to sign anything without all but the most cast-iron assurances. Assurances which he won't get.

Guest The Little Waster

That's one way to stop the protests

Protests based on # IfRafagoeswego are purely passive in their intent . Should Rafa sign another contract that would be the end of the protests . It needed to be about people stopping going now for the long term good of the club but even the protesters seemed to want to hedge their bets . Ashley is here until he dies ... realise that fact and then act accordingly

... Ashley has at least made a better effort to hold on to Benitez, but has done so knowing there would be a fan revolt should the Toon boss be allowed to leave.

If he really thinks that then he's even more stupid than we all thought. If we're still in the Premier League next session, there'll be ~50,000 in the ground with or without Benitez.

You'd have to wonder about Rafa, too. Surely he's savvy enough to know that they'll fuck him over the moment he puts pen to paper. You can't put "new training ground" in an individual's contract, so it'll be a case of assurances shmassurances.

I wonder if he's read KK's book? He probably ought to.

If Rafa signs a new contract without a whole raft of guarantees, budget, control over the buying and selling of players, training ground and stadium investments and improvements, the state of the academy etc. it will be an absolute disaster for our version of NUFC and the green light for Ashley to stay as long as he likes.

If Rafa signs a new contract without a whole raft of guarantees, budget, control over the buying and selling of players, training ground and stadium investments and improvements, the state of the academy etc. it will be an absolute disaster for our version of NUFC and the green light for Ashley to stay as long as he likes.

So if Ashley remains, even with a personality/business-model transplant (I know...), it can never be our version of NUFC?

Well it would require a personality transplant which after 11 years seems unlikely, plus we would have to start trying to be the best club we can be, ambitious and competent. Even then Ashley will still be a cunt, quite simply because he is.

So if Ashley remains, even with a personality/business-model transplant (I know...), it can never be our version of NUFC?

It can, but a leopard never changes it's spots. I thought during the first 4-5 months of the Championship season were great; Rafa got what he wanted in the summer and Ashley fucked off into the background and we never heard a peep from him. But then he decided to get involved again in that January window and he's been imposing misery ever since. Whenever he's involved he fucks it up and this summer just gone it felt genuinely deliberate. I don't see why that'd change.