Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If Rafa signs a new contract without a whole raft of guarantees, budget, control over the buying and selling of players, training ground and stadium investments and improvements, the state of the academy etc. it will be an absolute disaster for our version of NUFC and the green light for Ashley to stay as long as he likes.

So if Ashley remains, even with a personality/business-model transplant (I know...), it can never be our version of NUFC?

It can, but a leopard never changes it's spots. I thought during the first 4-5 months of the Championship season were great; Rafa got what he wanted in the summer and Ashley fucked off into the background and we never heard a peep from him. But then he decided to get involved again in that January window and he's been imposing misery ever since. Whenever he's involved he fucks it up and this summer just gone it felt genuinely deliberate. I don't see why that'd change.

Was Barnes not appointed between those two windows?

That first season Rafa brought in Alonso and Garcia, two important and great players during '05.  Lil Luis was frustrating at times but boy he could be magic, loved him. He also brought Nunez and Josemi.  What I came to learn about Rafa was that those first two players were keepers, the other two were cheap and wanted just so he had enough bodies. These are the two he would upgrade next season and so on. He went on like this even through the first years of Hicks and Gillet bringing in some great players like Torres etc.  Of  our midfield at the time we used to sing about them being the best midfield in the world...'W"e've got Xabi Alonso Momo Sissoko Gerrard and Mascherano, it was hard to see a better. Have to say as well, the Spanish players that Rafa brought to our club had fantastic atitudes, good ethics and always likeable.

Then H&G started acting like Ashley, taking money out of the club, telling Rafa he had to sell to buy.  We were luckier than you in as much as we had a better squad to drop down with,  and also, H&G were looking for refinancing.  Having fans all over the world helped in our campaign to get rid of them in as much as whenever they entered a finance establishment one of our fans would see them and let everyone on RAWK know.  We fans would then send thousands of emails protesting and block their email accounts up.  Usually the bank didn't want that bother.

I suppose the well supported protests of many kinds that we staged against H&G came easy to us, as we'd been campaigning for Hillsborough justice for a few decades.

I love Klopp as a manager but Rafa Benitez will always be a very special person for me. As a man and manager he was one of the best we've ever had.

Good luck with your fight against that greedy fat man and hope you get to keep Rafa.

Cheers mate! Hopefully he is here for many years (Rafa and not the fat parasite obviously!)!

If Rafa signs a new contract without a whole raft of guarantees, budget, control over the buying and selling of players, training ground and stadium investments and improvements, the state of the academy etc. it will be an absolute disaster for our version of NUFC and the green light for Ashley to stay as long as he likes.

So if Ashley remains, even with a personality/business-model transplant (I know...), it can never be our version of NUFC?

It can, but a leopard never changes it's spots. I thought during the first 4-5 months of the Championship season were great; Rafa got what he wanted in the summer and Ashley fucked off into the background and we never heard a peep from him. But then he decided to get involved again in that January window and he's been imposing misery ever since. Whenever he's involved he fucks it up and this summer just gone it felt genuinely deliberate. I don't see why that'd change.

Aye.

Aye.

Yeah - Rafa had deals lined up for Townsend, Loftus-Cheek and another who I can't recall in the January to cement our promotion and build for the Premier League but was told that we already had enough as we were top - clueless ferkwits.

Aye.

Yeah - Rafa had deals lined up for Townsend, Loftus-Cheek and another who I can't recall in the January to cement our promotion and build for the Premier League but was told that we already had enough as we were top - clueless ferkwits.

Utterly unbelievable (well, not really with them twats in power). We'd have romped to the title and already had a PL ready team needing slight tweaks in the summer instead of the overhaul that we still need.

Still seems staggering to me that we were spending more on strikers in Kevin Keegan's first spell in the Premier ( or old 1st Division) than we are now. Pretty sure we spent £6m on Ferdinand and probably Paul Kitson too...and he was shite. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Still seems staggering to me that we were spending more on strikers in Kevin Keegan's first spell in the Premier ( or old 1st Division) than we are now. Pretty sure we spent £6m on Ferdinand and probably Paul Kitson too...and he was shite. :lol:

Keegan spent pretty much the equivalent on Andy Cole (£1.75m) when we were in the second division way back in 1993. It's a shambles.

Keegan spent pretty much the equivalent on Andy Cole (£1.75m) when we were in the second division way back in 1993. It's a shambles.

Ashley hasn't even beaten the price we paid for Shearer in 1996 ffs, never mind the fee for Owen.

Guest firetotheworks

Tactically spot on imo. Should have been something like 4-2 on big chances.

He knows how to spot a defender and get a lot out of them as well like, Christ. Lejeune, Schar, Fernandez would walk into most of the NUFC teams I've seen over the years.

Tactically spot on imo. Should have been something like 4-2 on big chances.

He knows how to spot a defender and get a lot out of them as well like, Christ. Lejeune, Schar, Fernandez would walk into most of the NUFC teams I've seen over the years.

Aye, he's picked up three top defenders there for virtually nowt in today's market. Merino would have been some player as well this season.