Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If Rafa leaves and there is no takeover I think the new manager will be Neil Readfern.

And many players will leave the club.

Such as Lascelles, Shar, Almiron, Perez, Dubravka, Hayden and maybe Longstaff.

Really hope this takeover will goes through and Rafa stays.

I guess/hope we will know more when july comes along.

i don't think so many will leave this summer like, unless ashley is really intent on burning it all to the ground

I think many players will hand in transfer requests in protests of how Ashley has been handling Rafa and the whole situation.

never happens man, they'll do the usual give the new man a chance job then fuck off when we're relegated

If Rafa leaves and there is no takeover I think the new manager will be Neil Readfern.

i don't think so many will leave this summer like, unless ashley is really intent on burning it all to the ground

I think many players will hand in transfer requests in protests of how Ashley has been handling Rafa and the whole situation.

never happens man, they'll do the usual give the new man a chance job then fuck off when we're relegated

Rafa is the reason why many of them is here.

- Rafa gave Lascelles his chance and made him captain.

- Perez, Shar, Almiron and Dubravka is Rafas men and will all have offers.

- Hayden wants to leave(even if Rafa is here)

- Longstaff will have offers but will depend on what Ashley decides.

you're talking about 6 first team players, one of which only signed in january and another that has played 9 games

they will not all leave

I think it could happen.

And I hope the players will stand up for Rafa.

They won’t put in transfer requests off the bat, but they will ask their agents to find out if there is any possibility of getting out. All those players Toon No9 mentioned will be disheartened at best, or embittered enough to force an exit if Rafa leaves.

And while 6, 8, 10 players leaving is not ideal in any sense, who knows how Ashley would respond to clubs throwing cash at him?

Rafa is the reason why many of them is here.

- Rafa gave Lascelles his chance and made him captain.

- Perez, Shar, Almiron and Dubravka is Rafas men and will all have offers.

- Hayden wants to leave(even if Rafa is here)

- Longstaff will have offers but will depend on what Ashley decides.

Extremely wishful thinking. Footballers, particularly in this country anyway, don't share the same principles as the fans. You'd probably play for a literal piece of poo if you were getting paid between £50-100k a week. I'm sure they appreciate Rafa but not enough to kick off cos he's leaving. They're there to play football and get paid, Rafa leaving doesn't stop that.

What would the feeling be on here if he signs a 1 year deal? We will just be in the same situation next summer and a 1 year deal would suggest he is only happy to commit short term in the hope fat lad leaves but thats never going to happen.

I would be glad of another year of this beautiful man but it would just be another season keeping Ashley on the gravy train with the heat off him

How many players left when Sir Bobby left?  They are under contract and will not do anything to harm their bank balance

well considering they play for mike ashley's NUFC and the ones mentioned would very much be looking at an upwards move i can't see how it would harm their bank balance :lol:

Why should Rafa compromise, he already has on so many things already.

Wish journo's all the place would stop laying any blame at his feet, the fucking arseholes all know who's to blame, just fucking say you gutless cowards.

Guest godzilla

Think it was a telling sign that Benitez was there nearly 2 weeks ago for a couple of hours probably clearing his desk out. Never been confident that he was staying and it could be true that the BZG group want someone like Mourinho in charge. Or it could be that Benitez will not commit whilst Ashley is in charge. We will have to wait a week before it comes out anyway as can't see anything official being released until the 30th.

What would the feeling be on here if he signs a 1 year deal? We will just be in the same situation next summer and a 1 year deal would suggest he is only happy to commit short term in the hope fat lad leaves but thats never going to happen.

I would be glad of another year of this beautiful man but it would just be another season keeping Ashley on the gravy train with the heat off him

It'll be the same old shit of trying to survive and putting 11 men behind the ball against the better teams because we don't have the players to compete.  It's soul destroying and the reason I'm not leaving unless Rafa stays and Ashley goes.  I've had enough.