Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The huge irony now is that whoever the new guy is will probably get McClaren level money to spend, something Rafa never got.

Of course it will have to be U26 players from France, Belgium or Holland that are recommended by the database the club subscribes to.

Loads of our players tweeting about how sad they are to see him go and how great a job he did. Says it all - there'll be an exodus after this and fair play to them, get the fuck out of this sinking ship of a club as soon as you can.

I hope the fat twat looks back on this in two years time and realises what a tremendous cock-up this was as we're preparing for a season in League 1.

I genuinely think we’re justified in physically harming Ashley now. And definitely destroying his stores.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Like fuck should that despicable waste of oxygen be allowed to enjoy a single fucking second of his rotten life.

"They don't know how horrible we can be"? Well, if we didn't back then, rest assured that we now fatty.

I genuinely think we’re justified in physically harming Ashley now. And definitely destroying his stores.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Like fuck should that despicable waste of oxygen be allowed to enjoy a single fucking second of his rotten life.

"They don't know how horrible we can be"? Well, if we didn't back then, rest assured that we now fatty.

This. Let’s fucking organise and vandalise.

why would any new manager with ambition decide to work under our restrictions. We are a championship club operating way above our level with these fuckers. they will be in for a shock when we end up back in the championship and they realise players cost 15m in that division too

After all Rafa has done for the club they couldn't even have the decency and class to let him now about the stamens. Not surprised but Jesus, a disgusting human like Ashley doesn't deserve to be alive.

My interest in football and Newcastle has dropped massively since about 2014 with being away. I've attended the odd couple of games over the last few seasons, but mainly last minute. The reason I like football is the moments like when we beat Man City at home last season or the 3-2 comeback against Everton...that united euphoria and celebration. I can't be totally unbiased with such a strong connection to the club, but on the face of it this is likely to be the start of the disaster. We've lost the main component that kept the fan base and the club together. He influenced so many players in such a positive way that they have played beyond their expected level. We I say lost, they've had numerous opportunities to look at this contract and it seems like it is the stubborn manor which has previously had the club relegated which has won.

Heading into a season with no manager, no backroom staff, an upheaval within the academy, loan players returning to their clubs (Rondon, Barreca, Kenedy) and likely a number of players looking to leave such as Perez and Ritchie. Even as a businessman this is no way in which to run an organisation or rather something that would be successful. You're going to have a head coach or manager come in mid July (potentially) and give them a month to identify, negotiate and sign their own targets...that fit into this model the club won't deviate from and we already know that the club opt to play the long game with negotiations. Throw in a trip to China to lose against Wolves and either Man City/West Ham which is likely to impact on the training schedule for whichever professional is going to come in. I suppose whoever comes in will have to deal with a potentially toxic fan base and increased pressure to get results due to the popular manager leaving due to his contract expiring.

Takeover talk has taken over the narrative in the last month and sadly that has probably diminished the impact this is going to have on the club. Thanks Rafa!