Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

Mike Ashley, that is.

Not forum Mike. [emoji38]

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/565/679/781.png

You also presume Ashley cares. He is here for the tv money then he will sell. 20m saved is a bonus. He doesn't care if rafa stays or goes that's the problem of whomever he peddles the club to.

On a more positive side of my newcastle caused split personality,  maybe Ashley will realise that 20m investment also increases the club's value. Especially if we stay up. No brainer minimum investment for maximum return.

The main problem with Ashley like my personalities it's unpredictable. He has always appeared to value his own opinion on footballing matters over the professionals he hires which has always ended bad, big surprise.

£20m saved is a bonus? Do you know how much relegation would cost us? I think he'll spend the money on whoever Rafa is asking for. It might work, it might not, but it's basically pocket change in the greater scheme of things. What's it going to cost him at the end of the day? He could either back the manager, or sell up and allow PCP to do it.

I do find it pretty baffling that he's entertaining the idea of extending his stay, unless he's confident that the sale of the club will go through.

He's said it depends on us signing the players he's asked for basically. So he can't really lose.

Guest alijmitchell

Like I'm almost at the point of wanting him to leave now tbh so I can forget this fucking shitshow of a club exists

There should be an obvious discussion if Rafa has a wine with Conte after the game, can we take Batshuayi on loan until the end of the season please.

Can't. Can't have more than 1 player on loan from the same club.

Thought it was 2

Maximum of 2 from PL clubs iirc.

There should be an obvious discussion if Rafa has a wine with Conte after the game, can we take Batshuayi on loan until the end of the season please.

Can't. Can't have more than 1 player on loan from the same club.

Thought it was 2

Maximum of 2 from PL clubs iirc.

Buy him and let them have a buy back clause. Creative ways of getting around that.

Said it in the match thread, but Conte is off his rocker for not rating Michy, he scores all the time and is a constant threat.