Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I think if he gets the nod from PCP that the deal is dead he'll be off before the end of the season

I don't think he'll pay Ashley the money to walk out on his contract but if it's true that within the last 12 month of his contract he doesn't have to compensate the club, then I'd agree with your statement about PCP.

If he leaves he has to pay a big wedge. No chance he goes anywhere. He will just say I told you so when it goes wrong.

Doesn't have to pay anything in the last 12 months of his contract apparently, so could leave in the summer no problem.

Unless there is an actual bust up I think he will be here to the end of the season. Dont see him signing a new contract until there are new owners or Ashley gives him money to spend. Which is more likely? :s

He wants to be here, the takeover is potentially close. If it's off the table come summer i see him walking but not before.

Reading his post match comments on nufc.com, he knows we will do nothing, he's hopeful but saying the fans are clever, is as good as saying the fans know Ashley is a right cunt and he will sign nowt. Then back to default Rafa " we focus on the next game" "we need to keep working harder "

👍🏻

Rafa knows he's not getting any players in before the deadline and I think yesterday's comments were a warning shot to Ashley and I don't think Rafa would want another relegation on his CV

Reading his post match comments on nufc.com, he knows we will do nothing, he's hopeful but saying the fans are clever, is as good as saying the fans know Ashley is a right cunt and he will sign nowt. Then back to default Rafa " we focus on the next game" "we need to keep working harder "

👍🏻

I agree on that comment about fans, I thought he was sort of saying "you know I've got fuck all to spend and Ashley is a cunt, but I can't let you guys down".

If we don't get a big striker and one other player in minimum, I see Rafa on his way. Despite his contract situation, his willingness to 'work hard' with what he's got, he shouldn't have to put up with this avoidable bullshit.

I think he could seriously go, better to save his reputation now than to limp to the end of the season and go out with a wimper.

If he stays beyond Wedensday then it can only mean he's convinced PCP will be back....................literally no other reason for him to stay.

Seems to me they are trying to put him in a position where he has to walk but no chance that happening right now with the clause in his contract as there is no way he will pay up 5 million and rightly so. Only thing he might walk with is having legal issues and broken agreements similar to Keegan and take the fat cunt to court again. Anyone who currently goes to games whilst Ashley is there are mugs as he is just taking the piss out of you time and time again.