Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

As I said, if Benítez can make Rondón look like the player he was in Spain, NUFC will get a very good striker. For one season :lol:

Everything seems so pointless.

Not if we win a cup. Ashley doesn't want to win one.

Rafa playing them perfectly - no SD shite in the background and the dump of a training ground on show!

b93db2013b8ad348bebbcb282afdc31a.jpg

Really is shocking how old that looks. Absolutely pitiful really. There will be champ clubs with better facilities

I think you'll find they're very much fit for purpose. :carverlick:

Guest firetotheworks

It looked awful even when it was built. It's always looked like an underfunded youth rehabilitation centre or something.

Rafa playing them perfectly - no SD shite in the background and the dump of a training ground on show!

Really is shocking how old that looks. Absolutely pitiful really. There will be champ clubs with better facilities

There will be league 1 clubs with better facilities man just look at the state of it. It looks like some kind of drop in centre for junkies and alcholics

There will be league 1 clubs with better facilities man just look at the state of it. It looks like some kind of drop in centre for junkies and alcholics

The mackems for one.

It'll be ultimate karma for the fat cunt if Rafa manages by some miracle to win a cup. Rafa walks away at the end of the season name in folklore

Rondo looks absolutely delighted in every NUFC related pic he''s taken since joining.

He is going to be so good man. Seems really excited about he move.

So would you be if you'd spent the best part of the past 3 years listening to Pulis and Pardew!

I think he's going to be class as well. Once he gets the Rafa treatment he'll be unstoppable

The idea that terrifies me is him walking, going to another PL club, and them giving him money and finishing top 6 or 7.

Imagine if it were West Ham....

Why would that terrify you? He's a top 6 manager, he deserves the chance to perform at his own level, to make his own kind of music, not rummage through the LPs in the Spastic Society shop.

West Ham though. Them Tory wankers and their free stadium. I'm not saying our shite owner deserves Rafa Benitez but I don't think theirs do either, even if they put more money in. Wherever Rafa goes I'd like to support him and I couldn't do it with those three there at West Ham. Awful people.

As for Pellegrini, recent history suggests eight or so Premier League managers won't last the season. It was ten last year. Hughes, Warnock, and Silva at Everton would be my bets, but even if not them, it'll happen to someone else. The more the tv money goes up, the more pressure there will be near the bottom when December comes around.

when the time comes i really hope rafa takes the fight to ashley rather than fading away out of the club if you see what i mean, the way shearer sort of did

No worries on that front.  He'll be there and so will we.

when the time comes i really hope rafa takes the fight to ashley rather than fading away out of the club if you see what i mean, the way shearer sort of did

I'd argue it'll be a hard one once the season ends. It'll be hard for Rafa to influence the agenda surely?

I'd argue it'll be a hard one once the season ends. It'll be hard for Rafa to influence the agenda surely?

Keegan did, Rafa will.  He won't go quietly.

I think he's already doing that tbf. Ashley would probably much prefer if he would just walk like Keegan did, but Rafa prefers to hang around and take aim at the owners wherever he has been in the past. If he does nothing else for the duration of his contract, I expect he will make life uncomfortable for Ashley and that is fine by me.

Should drop a pipe bomb last home game of the season, at full time sit down on the centre circle and say what he thinks

I don't know why he dosent just come out and say it now? Nothing to lose.

I see your point, but I think what he’s doing now is building momentum against Ashley and Co - why give them the easy way out?

It's not an easy way out and there is thousands of our fans who still don't realise what is going on. Rafa has the power to change that. The one thing that would cause United all out war on him is Rafa going now or early

In the season. I still maintain unfortunately that is the best way to cause him grief as instead of having 35% of the fanbase against him and up for causing grief and protesting it would be 80%

It's not an easy way out and there is thousands of our fans who still don't realise what is going on. Rafa has the power to change that. The one thing that would cause United all out war on him is Rafa going now or early

In the season. I still maintain unfortunately that is the best way to cause him grief as instead of having 35% of the fanbase against him and up for causing grief and protesting it would be 80%

I'd hate to lose Rafa for the sake of hoping people joined in the protests. I'd much prefer to explore as many avenues as possible to put pressure on Ashley as a fanbase without losing the only good thing about the club in the process.

what i was kind of getting at was that he should get out in front of them with his message as we approach shit street...the whole thing as we know is they won't give him money because he won't sign a contract that's heavily weighted against him, while lots of us know they won't give him the cash anyway

he could cut off their whole shite publicly making an offer, or whatever you want to call it - i'll sign tomorrow but with no resignation penalty clause unless i go to another club within 3/6 months (or something)...that cuts off the manager poaching bullshit as he'll not quit for another job and do nothing for 3/6 months

they've nothing to come back with then imo