Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Daryl Murphy was a cracking signing tbh, for an outlay of £1M or whatever he cost... fuck me.

:thup: Gamez was clearly more for personality and you can guarantee he cost peanuts in wages. Murphy more than did a job when called upon in Gayle's absence. Only Lazaar ended up being a dud out of the three.

Yet more absolute fucking bollocks from those cunts.

So they have a problem with Lazaar, Gamez and Murphy.  But what about all the money wasted on Carr's signings?

Again, this is classic Mike Ashley.  Carr takes the blame but the signings we eventually brought in were probably 4th/5th down his list of recommendations for each position.

It's even worked with rafa on some of our support. People like i joselu (no disrespect to the bloke) were nowhere near top of the list, but were brought in as a throw of the dice. 

We just simply won't pay the going rate for quality players so send up with what's left, and while Mike hides away pleading poverty, others take the blame for his shit.

Guest covmag

expect a dignified Rafa tomorrow, the bloke is class and will want a spirit to end his reign with keeping us up.

now i'm torn as to if this is any good for our end game as Rafa will go and then god knows whats next, are we saying we want relegation? has it come to that?

fucking hell man  :undecided:

So they have a problem with Lazaar, Gamez and Murphy.  But what about all the money wasted on Carr's signings?

what about the signings that raked in massive profit or indeed any profit...as someone else just said classic ashley misdirection to turn focus to those three (who can't have been breaking the club with their wages anyway) while ignoring sissoko, wijnaldum, mitro and so on

i did read the article but can't remember if they framed it that way themselves, don't think so though i'm sure they just repeated the club line with no criticism of the position - huge part of the problem that shit

Ashley clearly didn't want Rafa to sign the contract - he just offered him it knowing he would never sign it. 

of course he wanted him to sign it, just entirely on his terms so he'd have a world class manager keeping us in the PL on a negative budget that wouldn't be able to walk no matter how many promises were made

ashley absolutely wants rafa to sign on, he just won't do anything to ensure it happens

what about the signings that raked in massive profit or indeed any profit...as someone else just said classic ashley misdirection to turn focus to those three (who can't have been breaking the club with their wages anyway) while ignoring sissoko, wijnaldum, mitro and so on

i did read the article but can't remember if they framed it that way themselves, don't think so though i'm sure they just repeated the club line with no criticism of the position - huge part of the problem that shit

Two of the signings who raked in the biggest profit were Carr players, Wijnaldum and Sissoko, not to mention Cabaye before that. I suspect that is Ashley's biggest problem with Rafa, he won't bring in players who we can sell at a massive profit, he tends to go for experience and players who can do a job for the team instead.

Two of the signings who raked in the biggest profit were Carr players, Wijnaldum and Sissoko, not to mention Cabaye before that. I suspect that is Ashley's biggest problem with Rafa, he won't bring in players who we can sell at a massive profit, he tends to go for experience and players who can do a job for the team instead.

well a cursory look at his napoli signings suggest that isn't the case really, indeed rafa has always made big money signings but then he's made players so good they sell for massive money as well

only mike ashley looks at the game this way anyways, the fucking cunt

Seems like Rafa is being held to a higher standard than many of his predecessors or many other high ups at the club. Ok we’ve signed a dud here or there ( not that many) but overall we’ve had mproved and he has increased the overall value of our playing staff. This would have happened even more so if we’d been able to sign some of our assets rather than loan them.

Seems like Rafa is being held to a higher standard than many of his predecessors or many other high ups at the club. Ok we’ve signed a dud here or there ( not that many) but overall we’ve had mproved and he has increased the overall value of our playing staff. This would have happened even more so if we’d been able to sign some of our assets rather than loan them.

Excellent point, I don't know if Kenedy was available for outright sale, but his value has gone from probably £12-15m last Christmas to £25m+ now. Probably £30-40m by the time his loan is up this season.

Give the cunts both barrels today Rafa.

i don't think he will tbh, think he'll try to direct everything towards coming together now

when we hit a bad run and he's questioned i think he'll let loose

It'll "Everyone knows I think we needed more and sooner. But that's in the past, now we focus on winning tomorrow" IMO.

Rafa being stepped over this way reminds me of Sir Bobby towards the end of his tenure here. What a fucked up world we live in that that shitty human beings with zero morals and more money than they can reasonably spend in a lifetime (yet they want even more) can take advantage of good natured, humble, brilliant individuals who conduct themselves with dignity and class and a universal set of ethics. These great managers only ever wanted to improve the club they're employed to manage at, which is ironic considering they're battling the owners for basic improvements, and what do they get for it? They get stepped on, stabbed in the back, dragged through the mud and laughed at by a bunch of incompetent prostitute using drunkards with more money than sense (there's no way someone with Ashley's personality isn't using high class hookers - unsubstantiated opinion).

Keegan was so right to walk away from this kind of treatment. Why should he let the snakes above him in the boardroom use his name, leadership, talents, etc, to maintain the status quo whilst they screw over an entire city in their quest for greed? I think Kevin being a great footballer gave him the confidence and self-esteem to not have his time and efforts wasted, to walk away despite knowing what everyone would say. Whilst Sir Bobby and Rafa are far more successful managers than Kevin and their principles will be a key reason as to why, part of me feels it's a bit of a shame that they're too honourable to walk out, as it just enables those above them to carry on taking advantage.